Creative Resource Manager/PM
- New York, NY
About the Job
Some Spider Studios is a fast-growing media & entertainment company backed by top VC's and serial entrepreneurs Marc Lore and Vinit Bharara. Marc and Vinit previously co-foundedDiapers.com and sold it to Amazon. Marc more recently founded Jet.com and sold it to Walmart, where he is CEO of Walmart.com.
We're currently home to four channels: Scary Mommy (largest women with kids brand online), CAFE (led by popular national figure Preet Bharara, host of chart-topping pod "Stay Tuned"), The Dad (the fastest-growing new brand for men with kids) and our newest addition Fatherly (new voice in practical parenting) - all built for mobile, social and streaming.
Fresh off our latest funding round, we are now accelerating hiring and looking for exceptional talent who will join us on our mission to build the very best team and culture on the planet.
We're Charlotte. The creative studio inside Some Spider Family, the media group representing the largest digital media brands reaching, engaging, and activating parents today. With Scary Mommy, The Dad, and Fatherly, Charlotte is well-positioned to power brands who support and champion parents in their daily lives.
Like our namesake, Charlotte from Charlotte's Web, we are the creative force behind the scenes -storytellers who weave words and images to captivate our audience's imagination and successfully drive them to action. We spin powerful creative to fuel compelling campaigns, grow our clients' business, and supercharge their brands.
At Charlotte, the Resource Manager is the key to our most valuable asset -- our people. As Resource Manager, you obsess about having the right people, with the right skills available at the right time and you are adept at managing a limited supply of resources against constantly changing demand. As the Presale PM, you are air traffic control for our presale team, masterfully directing incoming briefs and outgoing pitches.
- Manage and evaluate RFP requests, including the development of response plans and ensure the project objectives are clear and achievable.
- Manage projects and processes to ensure proper resourcing for efficiency, and for meeting client and internal deadlines.
- Project manage the creative pitch process for the agency. Develop RFP timeline, facilitate briefings, brainstorms and reviews, ensuring on-time delivery.
- Manage the transition of sold pitches into our post-sale workflow, ensuring a quick and clear transmission of information to the project team.
- Monitor overall studio activities and resourcing, identifying potential instances of over and underutilization and actively work with team managers to address and solve those issues.
- Maintain knowledge of current and upcoming projects and business development activities as they relate to resourcing.
- Partner with Head of Operations to construct operations toolset including resource tracking and management, time tracking, utilization and capacity reports, and operations dashboards.
- Develop agency resource allocation and utilization reports and run weekly resource meetings.
- Maintain current and accurate view of team assignments, time allocation and overall project status and manage any required changes/adjustments needed.
- Maintain a diverse pool of freelance talent at all levels, keeping track of skill sets, rates, contact info and projects
- 5+ years experience in Resource or Project Management in branded content publishing, creative or media agencies (with at least 3 of those years in creative resource management).
- Solid understanding of creative processes for social content creation and video production.
- Proven ability to deftly handle multiple and sometimes competing for priorities
- Excellent people skills, with an ability to work with and get the best out of different personalities.
- Ability to prioritize the workflow, and understand when to prioritize what project.
- Passionate about the role a great resource manager can play in the growth of a company and the development of great creative work.
- Excellent communication and networking skills.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer--people of color, people with disabilities, women, and LGBT candidates are strongly encouraged to apply; we are committed to a diverse workplace, and to supporting our staff with career development opportunities when available.
About Some Spider Studios
Some Spider Studios is a media & entertainment company building identity brands that lead their space. It all starts with amazing original content that connects with people. We value creativity, analytical rigor, relentless initiative, humor and kindness. We work hard because we love what we do. We offer fun problems to solve, a passionate team that cares, and the chance to turn this industry on its head.
Back to top