Beauty Producer/Wardrobe Stylist
Some Spider Studios is a fast-growing media & entertainment company backed by top VC’s and serial entrepreneurs Marc Lore and Vinit Bharara. Marc and Vinit previously co-founded Diapers.com and sold it to Amazon. Marc more recently founded Jet.com and sold it to Walmart, where he is CEO of Walmart.com.
We’re currently home to three channels: Scary Mommy (largest women with kids brand online), CAFE (led by popular national figure Preet Bharara, host of chart topping pod “Stay Tuned”) and The Dad (fastest growing new brand for men with kids) – all built for mobile, social and streaming.
Fresh off our latest funding round, we are now accelerating hiring and looking for exceptional talent who will join us on our mission to build the very best team and culture on the planet
About the Role:
Some Spider is looking for a highly creative and energetic Beauty Producer/Wardrobe Stylist to join our video team. The right candidate will have a passion for beauty products, makeup application and fashion, along with knowledge of what makes social videos compelling. We’re looking for a producer that has a feel for the Scary Mommy voice and an enthusiasm for trends that appeal to millennial moms across the country.
- Work as part of the video unit to conceive, write, produce and direct our beauty series which will include brand integration.
- Oversee (with assistance from support staff) budget, casting, locations, shot lists, and post production.
- Work closely with art director to establish a creative direction for the series
- Strong writing and research skills to that you can bring new products and trends to the Scary Mommy audience
- A feel for the Scary Mommy voice and the products, tips and tricks that are important to millennial moms
- Experience in wardrobe to help create looks and outfits for Scary Mommy video shoots
- Supervise wardrobe fittings for cast.
- Continually push to evolve video content and approach based on data and optimization techniques for social platforms
- 3 years’ experience producing and directing beauty content
- Experience working for or in the beauty or fashion industry
- Experience overseeing crew, editors and motion/design teams
- Impeccable organization skills
- Ability to work under tight timelines and modest budgets
- Willingness to be a flexible, multi-tasker keen to jump in wherever and whenever needed
See Inside the Office of Some Spider Studios
Some Spider is home to two channels—Scary Mommy and Cafe. Scary Mommy is the biggest online parenting brand that reaches over 100 million people a month, while Cafe is the company’s 2016 breakout news and humor brand reaching over 60 million people a month. Both are tailor-made identity channels for new-media platforms, and the company is on the verge of adding more.
Back to top