Audio Producer, CAFE
CAFE is a media venture developed in partnership between former U.S. Attorney Preet Bharara and Some Spider Studios. Through audio, video, text, and live events, CAFE is connecting with people across America and around the world with programming that explores issues around law, politics, and justice.
CAFE is looking for an experienced New York-based audio producer/editor with passion for news, justice, and startup culture to join the team producing two weekly podcasts, from pre-production to recording to editing.
The producer will work with closely with Preet Bharara and the editorial team to produce podcasts for CAFE, starting with Stay Tuned with Preet and the subscription-only CAFE Insider podcast.
Top candidates for this position will have a background in audio, strong writing skills, ability to turn around edits quickly, and experience with recording and editing conversations.
- Execute all aspects of podcast/audio production: scripting, recording (both in studio and in the field), editing, mixing, and distributing.
- Manage deadlines and episodes in various stages of production.
- Cut tape (digitally) and help shape mixes for publication.
- Maintain and update archive of episodes and audio material.
- Help book guests; plan and execute remote interviews.
- Additional duties as assigned.
Key candidate requirements:
- Minimum 3 years of experience producing, recording, editing, and mixing quality audio content under tight deadlines.
- Solid understanding of signal flow and digital audio
- Strong proficiency in audio editing, mastery of ProTools, facility with iZotope RX, FabFilter, and other compatible audio production software/hardware.
- An eye for detail and a good ear for editing conversations, as well as a strong sense of organization and humor.
- Ability to communicate, collaborate, multitask, and troubleshoot in stressful situations.
- Experience working on news and/or narrative podcasts, and proven track record working with journalists/hosts/talent.
- Ability to both take direction and to work independently.
- Knowledge of and interest in current events, U.S., and world politics is strongly preferred.
- Ability to occasionally travel and work late hours and weekends.
How to apply:
All interested candidates should email a resume and a cover letter outlining how your skills and experience meet the key candidate requirements. Please also include links to 3 examples of audio you produced and describe your role in making them.
Back to top