Associate Affiliate Editor
- New York, NY
About the Job
Some Spider is looking for a whip smart Associate Affiliate Editor who will play an integral part in creating SEO-facing shopping content for Scary Mommy and The Dad. This team creates well-researched and curated product-focused articles and are written with the goal of generating revenue from the sales of recommended products featured in the stories. The affiliate team researches the best products that not only meet the brands' audiences' needs, but meet the broader needs of search users.
We cover a wide range of product categories appealing to parents, including pregnancy essentials, kid/baby/toddler gear, beauty, fashion, home, tech, general lifestyle, and more. The ideal candidate will have a mix of editorial, writing, and SEO skills, and should understand how to use search engine tools in order to discover high-interest products readers will love (and want to buy). This role is perfect for anyone who is detail-oriented, loves to research products before purchasing them, and is data-obsessed.
- A large part of this role will be not only updating existing content in order to optimize it around search, make sure it's meeting user intent and needs, and research similar products to add to the curated list, but creating and editing new affiliate articles.
- You will be using tools like the Amazon Associates affiliate program, Skimlinks, and Google Analytics to research what types of products and packaging perform best.
- You will help merchandize for strong affiliate conversions when adding (or swapping out) new products to articles.
- You'll be staying consistent with the Scary Mommy and The Dad voice, ensuring all copy and creative assets are in line with the brands' unique (and fun) storytelling approach (yup, even when we're writing about shopping).
- You'll be taking inventory of top-performing stories to make sure we're offering products still in stock (and replacing those that aren't).
- You'll work closely with the Affiliate Editor, Associate Affiliate Editor, and SEO team on helping ideate approaches to tentpole holidays and events such as (but not limited to): Prime Day, Halloween, December holidays, New Years, Back to School, Father's Day, Mother's Day, etc.
- You'll be assisting the Affiliate Editor with day-to-day tasks such as (but not limited to) assigning stories, keyword and market research, performance reports, executiving content strategy plans (especially based around key seasonal tentpoles and trends), and copyediting.
- 3-4+ years of experience writing for a digital media publisher
- Preferably some experience with affiliate content (or enthusiastic willingness to learn)
- Amazing written communication skills and strong visual judgement
- Ability to work on short deadlines, as well as self-prioritize several projects simultaneously
- A team player who loves a challenge yet can also work autonomously and take ownership of their projects
- A goal-oriented self-starter who loves to learn new skills and tools
- Strong knowledge of basic SEO, willingness to learn about SEO tools such as SEMrush, Moz, and Keywords Everywhere
- Preferably has worked with Wordpress before
About Some Spider Studios
Some Spider Studios is a fast-growing media & entertainment company backed by top VC's and serial entrepreneurs Marc Lore and Vinit Bharara. Marc and Vinit previously co-founded Diapers.com and sold it to Amazon. Marc more recently founded Jet.com and sold it to Walmart, where he is CEO of Walmart.com.
We're currently home to four channels: Scary Mommy (largest women with kids brand online), CAFE (led by popular national figure Preet Bharara, host of chart topping pod "Stay Tuned"), The Dad (fastest growing new brand for men with kids) and our newest addition Fatherly (new voice in practical parenting) - all built for mobile, social and streaming.
Fresh off our latest funding round, we are now accelerating hiring and looking for exceptional talent who will join us on our mission to build the very best team and culture on the planet
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer--people of color, people with disabilities, women, and LGBT candidates are strongly encouraged to apply; we are committed to a diverse workplace, and to supporting our staff with career development opportunities when available.
About Some Spider Studios
Some Spider Studios is a media & entertainment company building identity brands that lead their space. It all starts with amazing original content that connects with people. We value creativity, analytical rigor, relentless initiative, humor and kindness. We work hard because we love what we do. We offer fun problems to solve, a passionate team that cares, and the chance to turn this industry on its head.
Back to top