Junior DevOps Engineer
- Alpharetta, GA
Are you new to the DevOps world and seeking a challenging opportunity that will test your critical thinking skills? Are you constantly looking to improve your skillset and learn new things? Our client is assembling an insanely talented group of engineers to join their new and existing scrum teams. If you thrive on creating innovative applications and solutions, a role with our client in the fintech space could be the perfect fit! You will benefit from a modern office space with a variety of free snacks and beverages, along with an incredibly social and diverse culture.
As a DevOps engineer, you will play a role in the company's future infrastructure and design. You will work in primarily linux-based environments to support internal stakeholders as well as external customers including major credit card associations, banks and merchants. Responsibilities will include:
- Providing day to day support of multiple environments including development, staging and production
- Troubleshooting production infrastructures to resolve issues
- Using strategic thinking to independently problem solve
- Testing and deploying new application releases and patches
- Documenting and updating processes and procedures for ongoing infrastructure improvements
- Collaborating with multiple departments to resolve system, application and customer issues
You will be a qualified candidate if you are a strong team player with robust experience working with Linux while maintaining a 'can do' attitude and demonstrating superb self-management skills. Experience working in the payment or financial services industry is preferred!
- 2+ years of Linux administration experience
- Exposure to Kubernetes preferred but not required
- Demonstrated ability to quickly and thoughtfully solve problems
- Ability to quickly learn new tools and technologies while being self-taught
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Hands on proficiency with Elasticsearch or Splunk
- Involvement in on call rotation for a critical system, preferably a financial platform
- Knowledge of NoSQL database, Redis, AWS, Jenkins, Docker, Golang/Python,Teraform and VMware
- Bonus points if you also have experience with Consul and Vault!
SOLTECH is proud to be part of the thriving technology community. Our mission is to make the world a better place by developing innovative software solutions that will make lives easier, safer, healthier, and more productive.
With more than 20 years of experience in the development of custom software solutions, we have provided long-term steady employment to our team of talented technology professionals. Additionally, we offer staffing solutions to a diverse set of clients that need tech contractors or full-time employees. Our candidate-centered technology staffing service that has helped thousands of professionals find their right career match.
If you are an IT professional searching for your next career opportunity, we look forward to matching your expertise and interests with a position where you can thrive. Learn more about SOLTECH careers at https://soltech.net/working-for-soltech/
Back to top