Vice President Compliance and Operations, SoFi Wealth and Securities
About the Role
SoFi has an exciting opportunity for a critical role with responsibility for the development and management of compliance and operations for our investment advisor business, SoFi Wealth, and SoFi Securities. Our compliance leader will be key to the growth and management of these new investment businesses. The successful candidate will be a collaborative partner with other leaders in setting compliance policy, fostering a culture of compliance, building an operations team, and creating the systems and procedures necessary to grow this business. The position reports to our General Counsel, and will be a key member of the SoFi Wealth management team.
By joining SoFi, you’ll become part of a forward-thinking technology company that is transforming financial services with innovative loan products and investment tools. Recently ranked as one of the fastest growing fintech companies in the Bay Area, we’ve grown from 150 to 500+ employees in the past year and just raised a $1 Billion round of funding. We offer the excitement of a rapidly growing startup with the stability of a seasoned management team.
- Create a compliance and operations organization to support a rapidly expanding robo advisor and a broker/dealer focused on private placements
- Manage all FINRA, SEC, and State filings including:
- Investment Adviser updates to ADV
- FINRA Renewals on CRD
- Oversee responses to regulatory examinations
- Supervise compliance of all SoFi securities activities including:
- Sales of our securitizations to Qualified Institutional Purchasers
- Sales of our private funds to Qualified Purchasers and Accredited Investors
- Supervising compliance with delivery of statements, K-1s, etc.
- AML Supervision
- PSAR, SAR and FINCEN Reporting
- File all ads and site changes with FINRA as required
- Internal compliance audits
- Supervise compliance of all SoFi Wealth (RIA) activities including:
- Review & approve all copy on the website
- Review & approve all marketing copy
- Manage compliance systems
- Implement and manage supervisory procedures
- Create system requirements for supervisory reports and automation
- Test these systems and implement their use
- Create and manage an operations department responsible for:
- Account opening
- Trading customer accounts into models defined by SoFi Wealth RIA
- FINRA Series 24 registration
- 3+ Years running compliance for an online RIA
- 3+ Years running compliance for an online Broker/Dealer
- Extensive experience managing online marketing approvals for FINRA & SEC
- Experience creating systems for compliance reporting, automated account approval and evidencing supervision.
- Knowledge of retail broker/dealer operations including account opening, cashiering, and ACAT.
Nice to haves
- Experience with Apex Clearing
- Experience with private placements and securitizations
- Experience working with online software development
- Catered lunches, a fully stocked kitchen, and subsidized gym membership.
- Competitive salary packages, bonuses, and stock options.
- A flexible vacation policy allows you to truly relax and reboot.
- Comprehensive health, vision, dental, and life insurance as well as disability benefits.
- 100% of health, vision, and dental premiums paid by SoFI for employees and their dependents.
- 401(k) and education on retirement planning.
- Tuition reimbursement on approved programs, up to $5,250 a year.
- Monthly contribution to help you pay off your student loans.
Back to top