About This Job
We are seeking a UX designer who is passionate about solving complex problems, building elegant interfaces, and connecting products across desktop web, mobile web, and mobile apps. As a member of the SoFi design team, you’ll have the opportunity to work closely with the product, engineering and marketing teams to bring all of your solutions to life.
The ideal candidate for this position is a thoughtful person who designs with great empathy and can confidently communicate ideas to local and remote team members via mockups, prototypes, and in-person demonstrations. They should be able to work in a highly collaborative and agile environment. Having a background and experience in usability, communication, interaction, visual, and/or motion design is highly desirable, but it is not necessary for a candidate to be a master of all areas of design.
By joining SoFi, you’ll become part of a forward-thinking company that is transforming financial services. Recently ranked as one of the fastest growing fin tech companies in the Bay Area, we’re 600+ employees strong. We offer the excitement of a rapidly growing startup with the stability of a seasoned management team.
Essential Job Responsibilities
- You are a user advocate, with the ability to identify user-facing issues and outline potential solutions.
- You can document and communicate long/short term product design needs, and can provide a plan of action.
- You design useful and elegant solutions together with members from the product, engineering and marketing teams.
- You have the confidence to own and help manage high-profile projects that make a tangible impact on our members, our brand and our company.
- You have pixel-perfect visual design skills, knowledge of responsive web design, and can work within (and contribute to) our live style guide.
- Experience providing data- and research-driven designs for mobile and browser interfaces.
- Experience breaking down complex problems in order to develop user flows.
- Experience designing screens, menus, and user interactions for iOS and/or Android apps.
- Rapid prototyping skills, relying on tools such as Sketch, InVision, Balsamiq, etc.
- Experience wireframing and providing functionality specs for development.
- Strong communication skills, master of active listening.
- Ability to present ideas/concepts and provide actionable recommendations.
- Tools: Adobe Suite, Sketch, Zeplin, etc.
- Art/creative direction experience.
- Mobile app development experience.
- Background in visual or communication design.
- Background with interaction or motion design.
- Ability to review needs for user tracking and analytics.
Personal Attributes of the Ideal Candidate Include
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced growing company.
- Ability to drive a project from inception to completion.
- Enthusiasm for solving challenging problems.
- Self starter: doesn’t have to be told when to move onto the next project.
- Team attitude: a willingness to roll up your sleeves and work with others to get stuff done.
- 2-5 years related experience.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Catered lunches, a fully stocked kitchen, and subsidized gym membership.
- Competitive salary packages and bonuses.
- A flexible vacation policy allows you to truly relax and reboot.
- Comprehensive health, vision, dental, and life insurance as well as disability benefits.
- 100% of health, vision, and dental premiums paid by SoFI for employees and their dependents.
- 401(k) and education on retirement planning.
- Tuition reimbursement on approved programs, up to $5,250 a year.
- Monthly contribution to help you pay off your student loans.
Back to top