About the Role
Do you love creating hand crafted, clean, semantic HTML and CSS responsive web layouts? Want to experiment with the latest CSS3 styles such as flexbox and animation? Hate having to support IE9 and other old browsers? Excited by exploring and melding together the best and most useful concepts from CSS coding methodologies such as SMACSS, OOCSS and BEM?
SoFi is looking for a full time User Interface Developer who can work closely together with our designers and engineers to turn conceptual visual designs into efficient, standards-compliant HTML5 and CSS3 layouts. Your work will directly benefit our members by helping them to achieve their goals and change their financial lives for the better. This is an exciting opportunity to join one of the fastest growing fintech companies in the Bay Area focused on disrupting a huge industry.
By joining SoFi, you’ll become part of a forward-thinking company that is transforming financial services. Ranked as one of the fastest growing fin tech companies in the Bay Area, we’re 700+ employees strong. We offer the excitement of a rapidly growing startup with the stability of a seasoned management team.
You enjoy a challenge and love to tinker and experiment. You are always on the lookout to discover new and more optimal solutions instead of just sticking with what may have worked in the past but you are still able to be pragmatic and realistic about business needs. You care about crafting clean semantic code and are interested in mobile first and responsive design. You aren’t reliant on a particular CSS framework (or any) but are flexible and willing to use the best tool to get the job done. You are renowned for your attention to detail.
- Experience transforming designs into efficient, well-crafted semantic HTML & CSS UIs
- Ability to distill visual designs into design patterns using extensible and reusable CSS
- Responsive design/development and mobile web best practices experience
- Some CSS metalanguage experience such as with Sass or Less (We use Sass)
- Basic cross-browser testing and trouble shooting experience
- Familiarity with graphic design tools such as Sketch, Photoshop, Illustrator, etc.
- Some experience with version control tools such as Git or SVN (We use Git)
- Ability to brainstorm with other team members and deal with constructive feedback
When applying, please provide A URL or code sample demonstrating the best of your CSS & HTML coding ability.
Nice to Have
- A background in design or appreciation of good design and UX
- Some Angular or other JS framework experience
- Experience with creating or using a living style guide
- WordPress, PHP and MySQL
- Bootstrap familiarity is useful but you shouldn’t be solely reliant upon it
- Catered lunches, a fully stocked kitchen, and subsidized gym membership.
- Competitive salary packages and bonuses.
- A flexible vacation policy allows you to truly relax and reboot.
- Comprehensive health, vision, dental, and life insurance as well as disability benefits.
- 100% of health, vision, and dental premiums paid by SoFI for employees and their dependents.
- 401(k) and education on retirement planning.
- Tuition reimbursement on approved programs, up to $5,250 a year.
- Monthly contribution to help you pay off your student loans.
This is a great opportunity for engineering professionals looking to join an emerging leader that’s focused on disrupting a huge industry. If you’re a good fit, please send us your resume and a link to your portfolio. We look forward to hearing from you.
See Inside the Office of SoFi
SoFi was founded in 2011 to offer an innovative solution to the rising problem of student debt. Focused on building a community around traditional financial products, SoFi connects students and recent graduates with alumni and other community investors through school-specific student loan funds. Borrowers save time and money by refinancing their private and federal loans, investors earn an attractive return, and both sides benefit from the SoFi community.
Back to top