About The Role
SoFi is looking for a Telephony Engineer located in our new Salt Lake City location to enhance and maintain the operation and performance of the enterprise voice and video infrastructure. The person in this position will be responsible for working with IT Support Teams and service providers in the day to day operations of Communications Services in all our office locations. This position will ensure high quality service delivery through responsiveness to network problems, crisis management, and adhere to performance and network improvement initiatives.
By joining SoFi, you’ll become part of a forward-thinking company that is transforming financial services. Recently ranked as one of the fastest growing fintech companies in the Bay Area, we’re over 600+ employees strong. We offer the excitement of a rapidly growing startup with the stability of a seasoned management team.
This is a great opportunity for professionals looking to join an emerging leader, focused on disrupting a huge industry.
Key responsibilities will include
- Design, install, administer and optimize system components to ensure business continuity.
- Systems architecture, voice cloud design and troubleshooting.
- Technology Evaluation.
- Assists with ordering, installing and troubleshooting SIP trunking and T1/E1, voice circuits.
- Assists in the resolution of voice quality problems.
- Maintains a positive work atmosphere by behaving and communicating in a manner that promotes favorable working relationships with clients, co-workers and management.
- Provides after hours (24×7) on call support on a rotational basis.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Undergraduate degree in a related field or the equivalent combination of training and experience.
- At least 5-7 years experience as a Telecommunications Engineer with an emphasis in cloud hosted voice systems.
- Experience with routing and switching protocols, TCP/IP, QoS, VLANs, DNS and WAN protocols related to voice technologies.
- Experience with packet capture and analysis tools such as Wireshark, Prognosis, and traceSM.
- Strong knowledge of VoIP Telephony
- Knowledge of SIP and H.323 protocols
- Strong problem solving and analytic skills to isolate problems, recommend solutions and implementation of solutions.
- Good organization, time management, communications, and interpersonal skills
- Ability to multi-task and work in a fast paced environment.
- Must be a team player.
- Catered lunches, a fully stocked kitchen, and subsidized gym membership.
- Competitive salary packages and bonuses.
- A flexible vacation policy allows you to truly relax and reboot.
- Comprehensive health, vision, dental, and life insurance as well as disability benefits.
- 100% of health, vision, and dental premiums paid by SoFI for employees and their dependents.
- 401(k) and education on retirement planning.
- Tuition reimbursement on approved programs, up to $5,250 a year.
- Monthly contribution to help you pay off your student loans.
See Inside the Office of SoFi
SoFi was founded in 2011 to offer an innovative solution to the rising problem of student debt. Focused on building a community around traditional financial products, SoFi connects students and recent graduates with alumni and other community investors through school-specific student loan funds. Borrowers save time and money by refinancing their private and federal loans, investors earn an attractive return, and both sides benefit from the SoFi community.
Back to top