Special Servicing and Collections Associate
Would you like to work for a growing, innovative company in a role where you make a direct impact on both customers and the corporate bottom line? If so, we have a role for you at SoFi. The Special Servicing and Collections Associate is responsible for improving collection rates by handling customer payment assistance and hardship requests, as well as monitoring ongoing portfolio delinquency levels. This role reports to the Director of Servicing.
By joining SoFi, you’ll become part of a forward-thinking company that is transforming financial services. Recently ranked as one of the fastest growing fin tech companies in the Bay Area, we are over 400 employees strong. We offer the excitement of a rapidly growing startup with the stability of a seasoned management team.
As a Special Servicing and Collections Associate you will:
- Approve and deny borrower requests for payment relief.
- Request information to investigate and resolve complicated cases
- Work with consumers who are behind on their payments and help them avoid defaulting on their loans.
- Counsel applicants on loan repayment policies and restrictions.
- Maintain and review account records, updating and categorizing account statuses.
- Help compile weekly and monthly reporting to detect trends for management.
- Be an important part of a lean but growing team with touch points across the organization.
- Prepares information and reports as required by department management.
You need to have:
- 3 to 4 years’ experience in financial services desired; consumer delinquency and collections, credit underwriting, or customer service experience preferred
- Minimum 1 years’ experience with handling of payment processing
- Servicing experience and customer service escalation experience required.
- College degree desired. High school diploma or GED required.
- Exceptional organizational skills and attention to detail
- Strong work ethic and pride in work product
- Firm understanding of personal finance and credit best practices
- Intermediate Excel skills and general computer literacy
- Aptitude for working independently while maintaining a team first mentality
- Ability to work under tight deadlines and exhibit grace under pressure
- Desire to improve borrowers’ financial situation but ability to make tough decisions.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Ability to take on projects as needed.
Nights and weekends may be required depending on the assigned shift.
- Catered lunches, a fully stocked kitchen, and subsidized gym membership.
- Competitive salary packages, bonuses, and stock options.
- A flexible vacation policy allows you to truly relax and reboot.
- Comprehensive health, vision, dental, and life insurance as well as disability benefits.
- 100% of health, vision, and dental premiums paid by SoFI for employees and their dependents.
- 401(k) and education on retirement planning.
- Tuition reimbursement on approved programs, up to $5,250 a year.
- Monthly contribution to help you pay off your student loans.
Back to top