Software Engineer, Mobile
About This Job
SoFi is looking for passionate mobile software engineers to help shape and drive the future of SoFi’s mobile platform. Candidates should possess experience in object-oriented programmingand derive joy from delivering their work to customers in short, high-feedback cycles. You will think critically to develop the SoFi apps for iPhone, iPad, or Android.
By joining SoFi, you’ll become part of a forward-thinking technology company that is transforming financial services with innovative loan products and investment tools. Recently ranked as one of the fastest growing fintech companies in the Bay Area, we’ve grown from 150 to 500+ employees in the past year and just raised a $1 Billion round of funding. We offer the excitement of a rapidly growing startup with the stability of a seasoned management team.
- Work cross functionally with other teams to help make their features fully accessible to all users. This role offers a unique chance to touch virtually every feature in SoFi’s Android or iOS application.
- Work within the Engineering team to develop features that specifically benefit our users.
- Develop, modify and unit test software applications in local, networked, or Internet-based software programs.
- Work under the guidance of Sr. Engineering resources.
- Must be able to deliver high quality code on schedule, communicate with groups in and outside the development team.
- Previous experience building mobile applications with rich UI and great UX
- Love for building mobile applications and detailed knowledge of Android or iOS
- Top-notch programming skills in an object-oriented language like Java or Swift
- Experience in using web services (SOAP/XML) or REST services (JSON/XML)
- Understanding of HTTP/S and web-based application architecture
- Passion for delivering the best user experience possible on mobile
- Relational Database knowledge including SQL programming.
- Work and play well with others; SoFi is a collaborative environment
- Familiar with agile development
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Computer Science Degree or equivalent from a fully-accredited college or university
- Knowledge and experience in enterprise-scale multi-tier, distributed architecture
- Experience working with Angular.js, Ember, Backbone.js, or Knockout.js
- Experience with responsive web design
- Previous experience developing accessible technologies or working specifically with VoiceOver, TalkBack, or other assistive technologies
- Graphic design skills
- Catered lunches, a fully stocked kitchen, and subsidized gym membership.
- Competitive salary packages, bonuses, and stock options.
- A flexible vacation policy allows you to truly relax and reboot.
- Comprehensive health, vision, dental, and life insurance as well as disability benefits.
- 100% of health, vision, and dental premiums paid by SoFI for employees and their dependents.
- 401(k) and education on retirement planning.
- Tuition reimbursement on approved programs, up to $5,250 a year.
- Monthly contribution to help you pay off your student loans.
Please send us your resume, including relevant links to your GitHub profile, StackOverflow answers, and any other public/open source programming contributions.
Applicants must be authorized to work in the United States without visa sponsorship.
Back to top