About The Role
We are seeking a software engineer to join our marketing engineering department. This is a fast-paced and high profile team focused on delivering the best technical solutions for all marketing related engineering initiatives across the company.
Our responsibilities include building out the ever-evolving sofi.com website, designing APIs, integrating with hundreds of vendors and partners, and enhancing all forms of user behavior tracking. This position will give you exposure to every aspect of our application stack and you will have wide range of opportunities in creating everything from backend processes to consumer-facing UIs. Candidates should possess a deep understanding of technology and development principles.
By joining SoFi, you’ll become part of a forward-thinking company that is transforming financial services. Recently ranked as one of the fastest growing fin tech companies in the Bay Area, we’re 800+ employees strong. We offer the excitement of a rapidly growing startup with the stability of a seasoned management team.
- Experience with responsive design/development and mobile-web best practices
- Experience with scripting languages like PHP, Python or Ruby
- Familiarity with brand identity and design consistency
- Cross-browser testing
- Client-side optimization and performance
- Version control (Git)
- Ability to brainstorm with other team members and deal with constructive feedback
- Experience building user interfaces for large scale applications
- Client-side unit testing
- Angular and other JS frameworks
- Content Management Systems: WordPress or Drupal
- Relational Databases: MySQL or Postgres
- Java, Scala
- Microservices Architecture
- Tracking Pixels, Tag Managers, Google Analytics
- Front-end build automation and tooling
Personal Attributes of the Ideal Candidate Include
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced growing company
- Ability to drive a project from inception to completion
- Enthusiasm for solving challenging problems
- Team attitude: a willingness to roll up your sleeves and work with others to get stuff done.
- 1-3 years related experience
- Bachelor’s degree
- Catered lunches, a fully stocked kitchen, and subsidized gym membership.
- Competitive salary packages and bonuses.
- A flexible vacation policy allows you to truly relax and reboot.
- Comprehensive health, vision, dental, and life insurance as well as disability benefits.
- 100% of health, vision, and dental premiums paid by SoFI for employees and their dependents.
- 401(k) and education on retirement planning.
- Tuition reimbursement on approved programs, up to $5,250 a year.
- Monthly contribution to help you pay off your student loans.
This is a great opportunity for engineering professionals looking to join an emerging leader that’s focused on disrupting a huge industry. If you’re a good fit, please send us your resume and a link to your portfolio. We look forward to hearing from you. Local candidates only, please.
See Inside the Office of SoFi
SoFi was founded in 2011 to offer an innovative solution to the rising problem of student debt. Focused on building a community around traditional financial products, SoFi connects students and recent graduates with alumni and other community investors through school-specific student loan funds. Borrowers save time and money by refinancing their private and federal loans, investors earn an attractive return, and both sides benefit from the SoFi community.
Back to top