Social Media Specialist
About The Role
Our fast-growing marketing team is seeking an all star Social Media Specialist to help manage our brand’s activity across social platforms. This person would be the voice of the SoFi brand on social media—responding to and engaging with the SoFi community while also playing a key role in developing and distributing social content across channels. It’s an excellent opportunity for an eager, entrepreneurial and creative individual that thrives in a fast-paced environment, with a solid understanding of how social media can play a crucial role in a company’s success.
By joining SoFi, you’ll become part of a forward-thinking company that is transforming financial services. Recently ranked as one of the fastest growing fintech companies in the Bay Area, we’re nearly 600+ employees strong. We offer the excitement of a rapidly growing startup with the stability of a seasoned management team.
Responsibilities will include
- Grow community engagement, reach and impact through day-to-day reactive communications on all key social media channels (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat, Pinterest, LinkedIn, YouTube, Reddit), SoFi’s blog, and review sites (Yelp, TrustPilot, Zillow) across our varied audiences: members and prospects, employees and recruits, employers, journalists and bloggers, and other influencers, ensuring that our communications are on brand and in line with our tone of voice.
- Escalate social customer service issues to Operations team in a timely manner.
- Use social listening tools to determine ways to proactively engage with prospective customers via Twitter and Instagram.
- Create organic content for Twitter, Instagram and Snapchat to help build brand affinity and loyalty for SoFi among the community.
- Identify cultural and timely moments for the brand to participate in via social media content or responses.
- Share relevant content from media publications, news outlets and other content creators to drive relevant conversations.
- Support Social Media Marketing Manager on managing a comprehensive, cross-channel content calendar, monthly analytics reporting and optimization/testing opportunities.
- Publish daily content via social media management tools and work with social agency to amplify content to the right audiences via paid social.
- Contribute creative ideas for our social media content and help execute them in partnership with our in-house creative team and/or social media agency.
- Proven success building a brand’s social media presence through compelling content and community management
- Experience across all major social platforms including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest, Snapchat, YouTube and LinkedIn
- Superior creative writing and grammar skills
- Demonstrate flexibility, responsiveness and the capacity to “think on their feet.”
- Experience using social media scheduling/listening tools such as Percolate, Radian6, Crimson Hexagon, Spredfast, etc. Experience using Facebook Insights, Twitter analytics and other channel reporting tools.
- Managed critical situations on social platforms and have shown yourself to be level-headed, analytical and a problem solver.
- Basic understanding of paid social and targeting capabilities across platforms
- Excited by challenges and new problems to solve
- Self-starter yet highly collaborative
- Creative thinker
- Strong work ethic
- Dedication to providing high quality work
- Able to work seamlessly with different parties and departments
- 2-4 years of work experience in social media
- Bachelor’s degree
- Strong attention to detail
- Personal finance and consumer experience preferable
- In-house or agency experience
- Catered lunches, a fully stocked kitchen, and subsidized gym membership.
- Competitive salary packages and bonuses.
- A flexible vacation policy allows you to truly relax and reboot.
- Comprehensive health, vision, dental, and life insurance as well as disability benefits.
- 100% of health, vision, and dental premiums paid by SoFI for employees and their dependents.
- 401(k) and education on retirement planning.
- Tuition reimbursement on approved programs, up to $5,250 a year.
- Monthly contribution to help you pay off your student loans.
See Inside the Office of SoFi
SoFi was founded in 2011 to offer an innovative solution to the rising problem of student debt. Focused on building a community around traditional financial products, SoFi connects students and recent graduates with alumni and other community investors through school-specific student loan funds. Borrowers save time and money by refinancing their private and federal loans, investors earn an attractive return, and both sides benefit from the SoFi community.
Back to top