Senior QA Manager
About the Role
SoFi is looking for a Senior QA Manager to manage both our QA and Production Support teams. In this role, you will plan and coordinate all testing activities in addition to overseeing all activities done by our supporting production team. You will be responsible for defining the test approach and ensuring that quality issues and defects are appropriately identified, documented, tracked, and resolved.
An ideal candidate must have experience managing teams across multiple offices. You have a successful track record of building and managing successful teams. You’re eager to mentor, grow, and coach people. You can define and use metrics to track our software quality. You are a technical expert who can smoothly handle communication and escalations with the stakeholders that include external customers, developers, and product development teams.
By joining SoFi, you’ll become part of a forward-thinking company that is transforming financial services. Recently ranked as one of the fastest growing fintech companies in the Bay Area, we’re nearly 600+ employees strong. We offer the excitement of a rapidly growing startup with the stability of a seasoned management team.
- Provide leadership and technical expertise within the QA and Production team.
- Define and implement testing and verification strategies.
- Plan and create detailed test plans allowing effective evaluation and sign off of multiple products across multiple formats.
- Lead and execute test efforts during all stages of development cycles and work with the team to increase the test coverage.
- Identify relevant quality-related training needs and deliver training.
- Ensure procedures are properly understood, carried out and evaluated.
- Supervise managerial and technical staff in carrying out tests, checks and release management.
- Develop comprehensive evaluations of milestone & update deliveries via a detailed test plan.
- B.S. in CS preferred, 8+ years applicable industry experience required.
- 5+ year experience in leading QA/Test teams.
- Experience managing teams across multiple offices.
- Experience writing test plans and strategies, executing detailed test cases, reporting.
- Knowledge with hands-on experience in writing complex SQL queries.
- Knowledge of scripting languages like Node.js, Python or Ruby.
- Several years experience testing high performance distributed systems.
- Several years experience deploying cloud-based enterprise applications.
- Experience with Agile software development methodologies and short release cycles.
Personal Attributes of the Ideal Candidate Include
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced growing company.
- Enthusiasm for solving challenging problems.
- Team attitude: a willingness to roll up your sleeves, work with others and get stuff done.
- Detail oriented personality.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Catered lunches, a fully stocked kitchen, and subsidized gym membership.
- Competitive salary packages and bonuses.
- A flexible vacation policy allows you to truly relax and reboot.
- Comprehensive health, vision, dental, and life insurance as well as disability benefits.
- 100% of health, vision, and dental premiums paid by SoFI for employees and their dependents.
- 401(k) and education on retirement planning.
- Tuition reimbursement on approved programs, up to $5,250 a year.
- Monthly contribution to help you pay off your student loans.
See Inside the Office of SoFi
SoFi was founded in 2011 to offer an innovative solution to the rising problem of student debt. Focused on building a community around traditional financial products, SoFi connects students and recent graduates with alumni and other community investors through school-specific student loan funds. Borrowers save time and money by refinancing their private and federal loans, investors earn an attractive return, and both sides benefit from the SoFi community.
Back to top