Senior Product Manager
About The Role
SoFi is looking for a Senior Product Manager to join the growing product team and focus on loan products. We are looking for a hands-on, technology proficient, team player who can lead, define, and deliver innovative solutions for new and existing loan products.
A Senior Product Manager is responsible for the product planning and execution throughout the product lifecycle, including: gathering and prioritizing product requirements, defining the product vision, and working closely with engineering, sales, marketing, community and operations to ensure revenue and customer satisfaction goals are met. Responsibilities also include ensuring that the product supports the company’s overall strategy and goals.
By joining SoFi, you’ll become part of a forward-thinking company that is transforming financial services. Recently ranked as one of the fastest growing fintech companies in the Bay Area, we’re nearly 750+ employees strong. We offer the excitement of a rapidly growing startup with the stability of a seasoned management team.
- Work with internal project stakeholders from marketing, sales, operations, community and executive management to translate business needs into requirements, drive consensus, including developing success metrics.
- Work with operations subject matter experts and use a broad range of sources to understand borrower and processor use cases
- Work with designers, developers (both locally and remotely) and subject matter experts to get project requirements well scoped, designed and built.
- Design processes, workflows and functional components to improve efficiencies.
- Work with marketing, capital markets, operations and business development stakeholders to meet goals.
- Monitor and understand the key metrics governing your product area, with an eye toward continuously improving them through ongoing product innovation
- Work with engineering and data science to analyze data and conduct experiments (i.e. A/B tests) in order to optimize the product in pursuit of an improved customer experience and business metrics
- Establish product delivery timelines in close collaboration with the development team
- Keep stakeholders updated on project process and trade offs on increasing/decreasing project scope
- Responsible for keeping on top of competitive landscapes and strategies.
- Be a leader within the group
- 8-10 years of product management experience
- Bachelor’s degree
- Demonstrated success defining and launching excellent products
- Proven ability to dive deeply into specific functional areas and learn a domain specific language
- Proven ability to understand the business and engineering sides and get into the technical details
- Ability to assume a strong sense of responsibility and ownership in an atmosphere of ambiguity
- Excellent project management skills – delivery oriented
- Superior communication skills
- Experience in financial services a plus, but more important is your ability to learn fast, ask questions and solve problems
- Ability to handle changing tasks and priorities and adapt quickly
- Ability to work with remote teams
- Act as a leader within the company
- Catered lunches, a fully stocked kitchen, and subsidized gym membership.
- Competitive salary packages and bonuses.
- A flexible vacation policy allows you to truly relax and reboot.
- Comprehensive health, vision, dental, and life insurance as well as disability benefits.
- 100% of health, vision, and dental premiums paid by SoFI for employees and their dependents.
- 401(k) and education on retirement planning.
- Tuition reimbursement on approved programs, up to $5,250 a year.
- Monthly contribution to help you pay off your student loans.
See Inside the Office of SoFi
SoFi was founded in 2011 to offer an innovative solution to the rising problem of student debt. Focused on building a community around traditional financial products, SoFi connects students and recent graduates with alumni and other community investors through school-specific student loan funds. Borrowers save time and money by refinancing their private and federal loans, investors earn an attractive return, and both sides benefit from the SoFi community.
Back to top