Senior Operations Manager
SoFi is seeking an experienced Senior Operations Manager who is passionate about customer service and has the skills and experience to lead a team to deliver outstanding results. Are you craving an opportunity to work for a fast-paced startup that is poised to change the banking world? Do you embrace hard work and a collegiate culture, and want to be paid well for delivering outstanding results? Then we want to talk to you.
You will manage a team of 5-10 managers who manage 10-15 loan origination reviewers, with responsibility for closing loans at or ahead of target while delivering an outstanding member experience. You’ll get the perks of a start-up – free lunch, stock options, generous time off – while working in a well-funded, profitable and disruptive financial services company.
By joining SoFi, you’ll become part of a forward-thinking technology company that is transforming financial services with innovative loan products and investment tools. Recently ranked as one of the fastest growing fintech companies in the Bay Area, we’ve grown from 150 to 500+ employees in the past year and just raised a $1 Billion round of funding. We offer the excitement of a rapidly growing startup with the stability of a seasoned management team.
SoFi’s Sr. Operations Manager will be required to:
- Independently manage teams of 5-10 managers with sizable teams for loan origination associates and customer service
- Master all tasks associates are required to perform
- Hire, train, motivate, monitor and coach new managers and associates
- Serve as a third tier for escalated customer issues and questions
- Handle special borrower circumstances and problems as they arise
- Ensure all teams is follow procedures and exceeding quality scores
- Ensure all managers and their teams are meeting or exceeding production goals
- Implement processes and procedures to increase efficiency and reduce errors
- Performance manage all managers and team members through scorecard metrics
- Experience leading and managing cross-functional projects
- Work with quality and training teams to ensure knowledge gaps are identified and closed quickly and timely
- Ability to understand broader business objectives and break down into specific tactical requirements, then prioritize and execute against them
- Liase with business partners on behalf of customers and the company
Qualification & Requirements:
- Minimum Bachelors or Associate Degree
- 3-5+ years of management experience
- 5+ years general customer service experience
- 2-3 years experience managing managers or supervisors in a production or customer service environment
- Experience managing organizations of at least 75-100 employees
- Call center or processing center management experience strongly preferred
- Project Management experience
- Experience in effectively leading and motivating others in accomplishing established goals,
- Experience maintaining a competitive organization by attracting, managing, developing and retaining top talent
- Direct experience developing, communicating and executing on organizational strategy
- Experience hiring, training, motivating, monitoring and coaching managers/supervisors responsible for 10-15 employee production teams focused on processing & customer service
Minimum Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Strong management skills are required to manage the team of managers and associates
- Strong written communication skills are required to answer questions and communicate issues clearly & concisely to associates, customers as well as upper management
- Ability to react to change quickly and implement new processes & procedures
- Ability to work independently with little or no supervision
- Professional demeanor and excellent work habits are essential
- Student loan originations, consumer credit or consumer lending experience preferred
- Financial services specific customer service experience preferred
Some evenings and weekend days will be required
- Catered lunches, a fully stocked kitchen, and subsidized gym membership.
- Competitive salary packages, bonuses, and stock options.
- A flexible vacation policy allows you to truly relax and reboot.
- Comprehensive health, vision, dental, and life insurance as well as disability benefits.
- 100% of health, vision, and dental premiums paid by SoFI for employees and their dependents.
- 401(k) and education on retirement planning.
- Tuition reimbursement on approved programs, up to $5,250 a year.
- Monthly contribution to help you pay off your student loans.
Back to top