Senior Media Strategist
About The Role
We are looking for a Sr. Media Strategist to join our Marketing team and help build the in-house media buying practice for our rapidly growing brand. As the Sr. Media Strategist, you will be responsible for supporting the media strategy and execution across our marketing programs, identifying opportunities for innovation, efficiency, performance and storytelling to the right audience in the right context. You will be partnering closely with our brand, acquisition and B2B marketing teams to ensure that the creative and media are working together to tell a more complete story to our target consumer. We are looking for someone who is experienced, entrepreneurial, analytical and creative.
By joining SoFi, you’ll become part of a forward-thinking company that is transforming financial services. Recently ranked as one of the fastest growing fin tech companies in the Bay Area, we’re 600+ employees strong. We offer the excitement of a rapidly growing startup with the stability of a seasoned management team.
- Support our Head of Media Buying in negotiating, executing and optimizing SoFi’s media partnerships through RFP processes
- Develop strategic media plans based on marketing/company objectives and goals
- Manage the daily work flow of all campaigns; including proposal and plan development, campaign activation and maintenance and post campaign reporting and learnings for the following channels: digital, radio/audio, OOH, print, experiential, TV
- Collaborate with agency partners that are responsible for the following channels: social media, direct mail, SEM
- Help build integrated programs across brand and acquisition to reach our target with a variety of messages
- Customize quarterly media-specific budget allocations based on marketing team objectives and approved strategies
- Identify test-learn-scale opportunities with new and existing partners
- Work closely with the creative team on the creation, testing and optimization of media assets and targets
- Create monthly and quarterly reports to evaluate partners’ performance and performance of channels against forecast
- Track, compile and evaluate competitive data
- Manage budget and payment process
- Self-motivated, detail oriented and flexible
- Creative and open to experiments
- Strong negotiator
- Must be passionate and naturally curious about customers and all forms of media
- Must have a demonstrable knowledge of the complete media landscape and stay on trend about the latest marketing strategies and capabilities, so we can drive greater awareness, traffic and conversion
- Strong verbal, written communication skills, including demonstrated track record in managing complex projects
- Desire to work in a fast paced, entrepreneurial environment
- 5-7 years of experience in media planning strategy, planning and buying—with deep experience in digital marketing
- Strong quantitative and analytical skills
- Strong understating of the different technologies and marketing stacks for implementation and tracking of online and offline advertising
- Knowledge of financial services / personal finance a plus
- Catered lunches, a fully stocked kitchen, and subsidized gym membership.
- Competitive salary packages, bonuses, and stock options.
- A flexible vacation policy allows you to truly relax and reboot.
- Comprehensive health, vision, dental, and life insurance as well as disability benefits.
- 100% of health, vision, and dental premiums paid by SoFI for employees and their dependents.
- 401(k) and education on retirement planning.
- Tuition reimbursement on approved programs, up to $5,250 a year.
- Monthly contribution to help you pay off your student loans.
See Inside the Office of SoFi
SoFi was founded in 2011 to offer an innovative solution to the rising problem of student debt. Focused on building a community around traditional financial products, SoFi connects students and recent graduates with alumni and other community investors through school-specific student loan funds. Borrowers save time and money by refinancing their private and federal loans, investors earn an attractive return, and both sides benefit from the SoFi community.
Back to top