Senior Director, Partnerships and Customer Success
About The Role
Our fast-growing Business Development team is looking for a rockstar (Senior) Director, Partnerships and Customer Success to help manage and evolve our rapidly expanding enterprise program, SoFi at Work. This role will report to and work closely with SoFi’s VP of Sales and Customer Success, leading the strategy and execution of our Partnerships and Customer Success team to ensure the successful adoption and use of SoFi at Work products.
The focus of this role is to be both a manager, coach and strategic planner for our Partnerships and Customer Success team, as well as an individual contributor, working on some of our most complex and high-value Business Development partnerships.
The candidate will understand our SoFi at Work partners and their business needs, as well as the SoFi at Work products, processes and paths to success and help define this within the Business Development organization and SoFi’s key performance metrics. An experienced leader, the candidate will ensure their team facilitates the smooth transition of employer partners from the sales cycle to implementation, launch and continued engagement, successfully driving scale and increased engagement amongst executives and their employees at both existing and new SoFi at Work partners.
This is an amazing opportunity for someone looking to join in the early stages of a rapidly growing technology startup.
Successful candidates will be entrepreneurial self-starters with a penchant for data-driven decision making, experienced managers with a track record of achievement in customer success and business development, self-driven and quick learners, and have excellent project management and communications skills.
By joining SoFi, you’ll become part of a forward-thinking company that is transforming financial services. Recently ranked as one of the fastest growing fintech companies in the Bay Area, we’re nearly 800+ employees strong. We offer the excitement of a rapidly growing startup with the stability of a seasoned management team.
- As a (Senior) Director, Partnerships and Customer Success you have ultimate responsibility for our partner’s success, yielding tangible metrics-based outcomes and continued expansion of the SoFi relationship
- Lead the Partnerships and Customer Success team so each team member can succeed and achieve key performance metrics
- Manage the implementation of the SoFi at Work platform and services for partners in an efficient, scalable, and high quality manner
- Develop strong relationships with marquee partners and lead C-level stakeholders, providing: product implementation and launch strategy and resources, internal marketing strategy, performance and utilization data, coaching during new product/feature launches, and help resolving any product issues or concerns.
- Naturally identify upsell strategies and opportunities that map directly to partners’ needs and/or pain points and initiate & drive upsell conversations with the client
- Own the strategic partner relationships; set, track and report on partner performance metrics
- Drive partner strategy and engagement based on data-driven findings
- Develop a comprehensive understanding of typical business challenges faced by partners and common objectives to appropriately map SoFi at Work associated employee benefits to address their needs
- BA/BS degree; advanced degree preferred
- 8+ years consulting, client management and/or benefits experience; significant experience managing partners required.
- Bias towards numbers and data-driven decision making
- Entrepreneurial focus with a determination to succeed in an innovative, fast-paced environment
- Strong knowledge of business processes (HR, Sales, Marketing) with experience driving metrics-oriented outcomes, ideally in a business development and customer success organization
- Credible and effective C-level advisor and coach
- Familiarity of SoFi products and platform features, capabilities, and competitive advantage
- Flexibility for travel (approximately 20%)
- Catered lunches, a fully stocked kitchen, and subsidized gym membership.
- Competitive salary packages and bonuses.
- Flexible vacation policy allows you to truly relax and reboot.
- Comprehensive health, vision, dental, and life insurance as well as disability benefits.
- 100% of health, vision, and dental premiums paid by SoFI for employees and their dependents.
- 401(k) and education on retirement planning.
- Tuition reimbursement on approved programs, up to $5,250 a year.
- Monthly contribution to help you pay off your student loans.
See Inside the Office of SoFi
SoFi was founded in 2011 to offer an innovative solution to the rising problem of student debt. Focused on building a community around traditional financial products, SoFi connects students and recent graduates with alumni and other community investors through school-specific student loan funds. Borrowers save time and money by refinancing their private and federal loans, investors earn an attractive return, and both sides benefit from the SoFi community.
Back to top