Senior Director, Funding and Liquidity Management
About The Role
SoFi is seeking a leader who will be responsible for warehouse funding and liquidity management. As Director, you will oversee a team of 2-3 managers and 4-6 analysts. On a daily basis, you will be responsible for managing and optimizing the funding process of the company’s core products – student loan refinance, personal loans, and mortgage loans – across 12+ financing facilities. You will also manage SoFi’s liquidity position on a daily, weekly, and longer-term basis in order to ensure SoFi meets its ongoing liquidity needs and maintains compliance with internal liquidity controls.
The role requires a self-motivated individual who can run multiple initiatives with sensitivity to deadlines and a focus on process and technology improvements. You will build and develop your team, design best in class processes and activity workflow, develop management reporting, maintain accurate and up to date policies and procedures, and work closely with our engineers and external partners to automate and streamline processes.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to
- Overseeing the day to day funding process with warehouse lenders
- Onboarding new warehouse facilities and monitoring compliance
- Tracking detailed daily liquidity position and build longer-term liquidity forecast and liquidity management plan
- Coordinating across Capital Markets, Treasury, Credit, and FP&A teams to implement liquidity management plan and ensure SoFi maintains compliance with internal liquidity controls
- Redesigning processes, implementing technology solutions and developing reporting on results
- Ensuring all policies and procedures are up to date
- Making recommendations for the improvement of controls and data in the overall servicing operation
- Bachelor’s degree – Business, Accounting or Finance preferred but not required
- 6-10 years of experience, including management experience in investor reporting and/or asset-backed finance
- Demonstrated leadership track record and ability to motivate and develop subordinates
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Bias toward constant improvement of process, technology, and controls
- Strong “big picture” understanding of servicing operations, internal controls, and accounting
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, customer service attitude, and ability to work well with internal and external stakeholders
- Computer skills, including strong Excel and Powerpoint
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment and balance multiple deadlines and workstreams
- Catered lunches, a fully stocked kitchen, and subsidized gym membership.
- Competitive salary packages and bonuses.
- A flexible vacation policy allows you to truly relax and reboot.
- Comprehensive health, vision, dental, and life insurance as well as disability benefits.
- 100% of health, vision, and dental premiums paid by SoFI for employees and their dependents.
- 401(k) and education on retirement planning.
- Tuition reimbursement on approved programs, up to $5,250 a year.
- Monthly contribution to help you pay off your student loans.
See Inside the Office of SoFi
SoFi was founded in 2011 to offer an innovative solution to the rising problem of student debt. Focused on building a community around traditional financial products, SoFi connects students and recent graduates with alumni and other community investors through school-specific student loan funds. Borrowers save time and money by refinancing their private and federal loans, investors earn an attractive return, and both sides benefit from the SoFi community.
Back to top