Senior Director, Financial Planning and Advice Strategy
About The Role
Responsible for developing the strategic approach for for Financial Planning & Wealth Management practices with SoFi clients, you will obsess over data, research and your own industry expertise to establish and maintain a set of advice standards that can be leveraged across the business, from product to marketing, content, events and beyond.
You will partner with Product & Design to inform the best way for prospects and existing SoFi members to engage with a financial planner and/or digital tools for the delivery of advice. Additionally, you will oversee the advice teams and their client interactions, ensuring that the right approach is consistently being delivered.
By joining SoFi, you’ll become part of a forward-thinking company that is transforming financial services. Ranked as one of the fastest growing fintech companies in the Bay Area, we’re 600+ employees strong. We offer the excitement of a rapidly growing startup with the stability of a seasoned management team.
The role can be based in NYC or San Francisco.
- Develop an overarching strategy and approach to financial planning and wealth management for SoFi
- Work with Marketing to understand core demographic (HINRY) and needs of SoFi users to build contextually relevant advice
- Work with Product teams to inform the customer journey and help write user stories and acceptance criteria for products related to the delivery of advice.
- Incorporate existing SoFi product recommendations into the planning strategy and identify areas where new products are needed based on customer/market fit
- Partner with Content Strategy and provide subject matter expertise on financial planning and wealth management to complement individual and personalized advice
- Assist in recruitment and training of a team of Financial Planners (CFPs & Series 65) in Salt Lake City that will provide financial planning and wealth management advice to SoFi members
- Spokesperson for SoFi Wealth and Advisory Services at Community Events and Conferences
- CFP, or equivalent designation
- Securities Licenses (6, 7, 65/66) preferred
- 5+ years client facing experience
- 3+ years of management experience
- New product development experience
- Entrepreneurial background
- Strong presentation and narrative storytelling skills
- Catered lunches, a fully stocked kitchen, and subsidized gym membership.
- Competitive salary packages and bonuses.
- A flexible vacation policy allows you to truly relax and reboot.
- Comprehensive health, vision, dental, and life insurance as well as disability benefits.
- 100% of health, vision, and dental premiums paid by SoFI for employees and their dependents.
- 401(k) and education on retirement planning.
- Tuition reimbursement on approved programs, up to $5,250 a year.
- Monthly contribution to help you pay off your student loans.
See Inside the Office of SoFi
SoFi was founded in 2011 to offer an innovative solution to the rising problem of student debt. Focused on building a community around traditional financial products, SoFi connects students and recent graduates with alumni and other community investors through school-specific student loan funds. Borrowers save time and money by refinancing their private and federal loans, investors earn an attractive return, and both sides benefit from the SoFi community.
Back to top