Quality Control Manager
The Quality Control Manager ensures SoFi maintains a sound loan portfolio with respect to compliance with state and federal laws and regulations, and SoFi’s lending policies and procedures. The Quality Control Analyst will proactively support SoFi’s Mortgage division in its Quality Control function by conducting re-verifications, auditing and reviewing loan files. This position reports directly to the Director of Quality Control.
By joining SoFi Lending Corp., you’ll become part of a forward-thinking technology company that is transforming financial services with innovative loan products and investment tools. Recently ranked as one of the fastest growing fintech companies in the Bay Area, we’ve grown from 150 to 500+ employees in the past year and just raised a $1 Billion round of funding. We offer the excitement of a rapidly growing startup with the stability of a seasoned management team.
- Perform Pre-Fund QA reviews and Post-Closing QC reviews.
- Perform timely and appropriate quality control testing and documentation.
- Comply with the quality control testing standards.
- Keep informed of current underwriting practices
- Conduct various audits including BSA/fraud, branch quality and agency review, MERS reconciliation, as necessary
- Assist or Conduct Early Payment Default audits as needed;
- Recommend reasonable corrective action relative to quality control findings.
- Monitor quality findings and their resolution
- Cure defective loans identified pre- and post-closing, based on a knowledge of all compliance and credit underwriting knowledge required
- Assist with the development and implementation of QA and QC testing strategy, such as focus areas, testing methodology, test standards, and frequency of testing (e.g., random and targeted testing on an as-needed basis)
- Responsible for assisting in hiring, managing, and training quality control managers and staff members.
- Provide sufficient and timely reporting to management as required.
- Follow-up with business unit to ensure corrective action sufficiently addresses the compliance, operational or credit issues and are executed timely.
- Appropriately raise and/or escalate problems and issues to management.
- Recommend efficient and effective processes for managing risk
- Review and underwrite applications pursuant to credit policies and procedures- including analyzing credit reports, analyzing income from select sources and verifying documents provided by applicants
- Verify identity, income, and other required documentation
- Calculate and evaluate income for wage earners, both salary & hourly, variable income, bonus/commission/overtime, as well as a variety of additional types of income sources
- Perform ad hoc duties as assigned
- Strong understanding of lending including underwriting, operations and compliance.
- Strong technical knowledge of and experience with underwriting requirements.
- Understanding of statistical and targeted loan sampling concepts
- Good communication skills
- Ability to work independently, self-motivated
- Ability to work and accomplish goals with minimal supervision.
- Ability to multi-task and manage competing priorities.
- Detail oriented with an ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite of products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Mortgage/Consumer Quality Control or Credit Underwriting experience required.
- 5 years’ management experience in banking or credit union operations that provides a working knowledge of products, services, systems operational policies and procedures, and regulatory compliance issues is required.
- A Combination of education and experience that provides the necessary skills and knowledge to satisfactorily perform the essential job functions.
- Decision making skills (experience making decisions, uncovering needs)
The duties listed above are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work that may be performed. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position.
- Catered lunches, a fully stocked kitchen, and subsidized gym membership.
- Competitive salary packages, bonuses, and stock options.
- A flexible vacation policy allows you to truly relax and reboot.
- Comprehensive health, vision, dental, and life insurance as well as disability benefits.
- 100% of health, vision, and dental premiums paid by SoFi for employees and their dependents.
- 401(k) and education on retirement planning.
- Tuition reimbursement on approved programs, up to $5,250 a year.
- Monthly contribution to help you pay off your student loans.
Back to top