About the Role
We are seeking a QA tester to handle testing web-developed software in the financial services industry in our Helena office. The ideal candidate needs to be mature and self-directed, have excellent time management and interpersonal skills and have a what-is-best-for-the-customer mentality. The quality assurance tester position is responsible for the development/execution of test cases as part of the feature and functionality testing of our products.
By joining SoFi, you’ll become part of a forward-thinking company that is transforming financial services. Recently ranked as one of the fastest growing fin tech companies in the Bay Area, we’re nearly 600+ employees strong. We offer the excitement of a rapidly growing startup with the stability of a seasoned management team.
Key responsibilities include
- Develop/execute test cases/ test matrices based on functional requirements and user interface.
- Demonstrated ability to interpret requirements and test functional changes around the requirement solution.
- Participate in project meetings and reviews.
- Clearly communicate at both the project and issue levels in a professional and constructive manner.
- Investigate and reproduce problems reported from the field.
- Accurately record and monitor test results.
- Work with development and database engineers to ensure accurate results and quality products.
- High school diploma required. College Degree preferred.
- Knowledge of mobile devices (iOS and Android) and mobile applications.
- Know your way in and out of a computer with some knowledge of servers, virtual machines, Linux, MacOS, and Windows.
- Understanding how web based applications function, including knowledge of html and css.
- Ability to design and implement test plans for software projects.
- 1+ years proven ability to work effectively within a team.
- Knowledge of SQL and Databases.
- Detail oriented personality.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Knowledge of issue tracking systems (like JIRA) and experience filing bugs for developers.
- Knowledge of various software development lifecycles, including Extreme Programming (XP) project methods.
Personal Attributes of the Ideal Candidate Include
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced growing company.
- Ability to drive a project from inception to completion.
- Enthusiasm for solving challenging problems.
- Team attitude: a willingness to roll up your sleeves, work with others and get stuff done.
- Catered lunches, a fully stocked kitchen, and subsidized gym membership.
- Competitive salary packages and bonuses.
- A flexible vacation policy allows you to truly relax and reboot.
- Comprehensive health, vision, dental, and life insurance as well as disability benefits.
- 100% of health, vision, and dental premiums paid by SoFI for employees and their dependents.
- 401(k) and education on retirement planning.
- Tuition reimbursement on approved programs, up to $5,250 a year.
- Monthly contribution to help you pay off your student loans.
Back to top