Product Manager, Mortgage
About The Role
SoFi is looking for a Mortgage Product Manager to join the growing product team. We are looking for a hands-on, technology proficient, team player who can lead, define, and deliver innovative solutions at SoFi.
The Mortgage Product Manager is responsible for the product planning and execution throughout the product lifecycle, including: gathering and prioritizing product requirements, defining the product vision, and working closely with engineering, sales, marketing, community and operations to ensure revenue and customer satisfaction goals are met. Responsibilities also include ensuring that the product supports the company’s overall strategy and goals.
By joining SoFi, you’ll become part of a forward-thinking technology company that is transforming financial services with innovative loan products and investment tools. Recently ranked as one of the fastest growing fintech companies in the Bay Area, we’ve grown from 150 to 500+ employees in the past year and just raised a $1 Billion round of funding. We offer the excitement of a rapidly growing startup with the stability of a seasoned management team.
- Work with internal project stakeholders from marketing, sales, operations, community and executive management to translate business needs into requirements, drive consensus, including developing success Metrics.
- Work with mortgage operations subject matter experts and use a broad range of sources to understand borrower and processor use cases
- Work with designers, developers (both locally and remotely) and subject matter experts to get project requirements well scoped, designed and built.
- Design processes, workflows and functional components to improve efficiencies.
- Work with marketing, capital markets and mortgage operations and stakeholders to meet goals.
- Optimize mortgage application on desktop and mobile and be forward thinking in product evolution.
- Establish product delivery timelines in close collaboration with the development team
- Keep stakeholders updated on project process and trade offs on increasing/decreasing project scope
- Responsible for keeping on top of competitive landscapes and strategies.
- 5-8 years of product management experience, ideally with a consumer-facing mortgage website
- Bachelor’s degree
- Experience functioning in a product management capacity
- Demonstrated success defining and launching excellent products
- Proven ability to dive deeply into specific functional areas and learn a domain specific language
- Proven ability to understand the business and engineering sides and get into the technical details
- Ability to assume a strong sense of responsibility and ownership in an atmosphere of ambiguity
- Excellent project management skills – delivery oriented
- Superior communication skills
- Experience in mortgage is a plus, but more important is your ability to learn fast
- Ability to handle changing tasks and priorities and adapt quickly
- Ability to work with remote teams
- Catered lunches, a fully stocked kitchen, and subsidized gym membership.
- Competitive salary packages and bonuses.
- A flexible vacation policy allows you to truly relax and reboot.
- Comprehensive health, vision, dental, and life insurance as well as disability benefits.
- 100% of health, vision, and dental premiums paid by SoFI for employees and their dependents.
- 401(k) and education on retirement planning.
- Tuition reimbursement on approved programs, up to $5,250 a year.
- Monthly contribution to help you pay off your student loans.
Back to top