About the Role
SoFi is seeking an experienced Operations Manager who is passionate about customer service and has the skills and experience to lead a team to deliver outstanding results. Are you craving an opportunity to work for a fast-paced startup that is poised to change the banking world? Do you embrace hard work and a collegiate culture, and want to be paid well for delivering outstanding results? Then we want to talk to you.
You will be responsible for building out an in-house customer service operation to serve SoFi’s Australia personal loan and mortgage business. You will work with SoFi U.S. to help transition the Operations from an outsourced to an insourced model, and ultimately manage a team of originations customer service staff who are responsible for income verification and customer contact through inbound calls, outbound calls, email and chat. Your primary responsibility is building out this call center function and then ultimately closing high quality loans at or ahead of target while delivering an outstanding member experience. You’ll get the perks of a start-up while working in a well-funded, profitable and disruptive financial services company changing the Australian financial services status quo.
By joining SoFi, you’ll become part of a forward-thinking company that is transforming financial services. Ranked as one of the fastest growing fintech companies in the U.S., we’re 600+ employees strong. We offer the excitement of a rapidly growing startup with the stability of a seasoned management team.
Qualifications / Desired Skills and Experience
- Accomplishes all organization goals and accepts ownership for accomplishing new and different requests;
- Determines call center and operational strategies by conducting needs assessments, performance reviews, capacity planning, and cost/benefit analyses; identifying and evaluating state-of-the-art technologies; defining user requirements; establishing technical specifications as well as production, productivity, quality, and customer-service standards; contributing information and analysis to organizational strategic plans and reviews.
- Maintains and improves call center and operations by monitoring system performance; identifying and resolving problems; preparing and completing action plans;
- Accomplishes call center and operations human resource objectives by recruiting, selecting, orienting, training, assigning, coaching, counseling, and disciplining employees; administering scheduling systems; communicating job expectations; planning, monitoring, appraising, and reviewing job contributions;
- Meets financial objectives by estimating requirements; preparing an annual budget; scheduling expenditures; analyzing variances; initiating corrective actions.
- Prepares call center performance reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing data and trends.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by tracking emerging trends in call center operations management; attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; benchmarking state-of-the-art practices; participating in professional societies.
- Five plus years of call center or loan origination management experience
- Proven experience in exceeding all call center and operations goals and managing call center productivity and quality according to metrics and volume targets
- Results-focused and supportive leadership style
- Proven experience managing operation teams of up to 50 people
- Proven experience in call center and operational technologies and in applicable KPIs
- Strong multitasking, prioritization, conflict resolution and analytical skills
- Proven implementation of industry leading customer experience strategies
- Competitive compensation
- 4 weeks annual leave
- Business casual dress code
See Inside the Office of SoFi
SoFi was founded in 2011 to offer an innovative solution to the rising problem of student debt. Focused on building a community around traditional financial products, SoFi connects students and recent graduates with alumni and other community investors through school-specific student loan funds. Borrowers save time and money by refinancing their private and federal loans, investors earn an attractive return, and both sides benefit from the SoFi community.
Back to top