Network Operations Engineer
About The Role
SoFi is looking for a Network Operations Engineer located in our new Salt Lake City location that is bright and enthusiastic who can hit the ground running. We need a hard-working, self-starter with a can-do attitude to join our growing team of systems professionals. The ideal candidate will have experience planning, designing and troubleshooting network infrastructure including routers, firewalls, switches and related hardware, software and services.
By joining SoFi, you’ll become part of a forward-thinking company that is transforming financial services. Recently ranked as one of the fastest growing fintech companies in the Bay Area, we’re over 600+ employees strong. We offer the excitement of a rapidly growing startup with the stability of a seasoned management team.
This is a great opportunity for professionals looking to join an emerging leader, focused on disrupting a huge industry.
Key responsibilities will include
- Deployment, integration and management of both next-gen and traditional stateful firewalls for access control, visibility and security
- Troubleshooting of network connectivity and performance problems and subsequent remediation
- Scheduled and emergency network maintenance (software/firmware upgrades, hardware replacement/RMAs, etc.)
- Network design/architecture of customer networks using best practices
- Ability to lead projects through all phases from initial planning through completion, including:
- Pre-sales responsibilities to translate project requirements into product and services recommendations (including all hardware/components, software and features/configurations to deploy)
- Development and documentation of project plans, detailing required tasks
- Execution of project plan with minimal impact to production networks/services
- Post-installation testing for validation/successful project completion
- Installation and management of other networking infrastructure such wireless controllers/APs, VoIP systems, etc.
- Deployment and administration of network security features including IDS/IPS, anti-malware/AV policies, web-application firewalls, DDoS mitigation
- Deployment of SSL and IPsec VPNs
- Documentation of project plans, network diagrams (physical and logical) and test plans
- Deployment and use of network monitoring/management solutions (such as Solarwinds)
- Deployment and utilization of network traffic analyzer/flow collector utilizing network flow data (e.g. NetFlow)
- 5+ years networking experience
- CCNP or equivalent, other certifications highly encouraged (e.g. specializations in data center, security or other platforms such as Juniper)
- Layer 2 networking experience deploying/administering spanning-tree, 802.1Q VLANs and link-aggregation
- Layer 3 networking experience (RIP, OSPF, BGP, MPLS and ECMP, PBR/PBF, multicast) with minimum 2+ years experience deploying BGP or MPLS
- Thorough understanding of protocols including ICMP, ARP, IP, TCP/UDP, DHCP, DNS, SNMP, NTP, RADIUS, 802.1X, HTTP, SSL/TLS, NFS, SMB/CIFS, LDAP
- Good attitude and ability to maintain an approachable and friendly demeanor when interacting with colleagues
- Works well under pressure and ability to remain level-headed and manage expectations when setbacks occur
- Willingness to participate in after-hours and weekend maintenance.
- Familiarity with cloud environments (AWS, Azure, etc.)
- Networking in virtual environments (e.g. VMware), knowledge of virtual systems
- VXLAN / OTV
- WAN acceleration / bandwidth optimization (QoS)
- Operating systems: experience with Linux, Windows and Mac OS X
- User management: experience or familiarity with Active Directory, LDAP or Open Directory systems to provision access controls and policies for systems and users.
- Scripting: any of Perl, Python, Bash, etc.
- Experience with SIEM systems/usage
- Catered lunches, a fully stocked kitchen, and subsidized gym membership.
- Competitive salary packages and bonuses.
- A flexible vacation policy allows you to truly relax and reboot.
- Comprehensive health, vision, dental, and life insurance as well as disability benefits.
- 100% of health, vision, and dental premiums paid by SoFI for employees and their dependents.
- 401(k) and education on retirement planning.
- Tuition reimbursement on approved programs, up to $5,250 a year.
- Monthly contribution to help you pay off your student loans.
See Inside the Office of SoFi
SoFi was founded in 2011 to offer an innovative solution to the rising problem of student debt. Focused on building a community around traditional financial products, SoFi connects students and recent graduates with alumni and other community investors through school-specific student loan funds. Borrowers save time and money by refinancing their private and federal loans, investors earn an attractive return, and both sides benefit from the SoFi community.
Back to top