Are you a rock star mortgage underwriter looking to join a company that is poised to change the banking world? Do you embrace hard work and a collegiate culture, and want to be paid well for delivering outstanding results? Then we want to talk to you!
SoFi is looking for a Conventional Mortgage Underwriter. In this role, you will be responsible for evaluation, review and decisioning of loan applications based on SoFi eligibility and underwriting guidelines. You will determine stipulations of loans and communicate directly with required parties to resolve stipulations. You will also assist other team members with files which exceed approval guidelines and exceptions.
By joining SoFi, you’ll become part of a forward-thinking technology company that is transforming financial services with innovative loan products and investment tools. Recently ranked as one of the fastest growing fintech companies in the Bay Area, we’ve grown from 150 to 500+ employees in the past year and just raised a $1 Billion round of funding. We offer the excitement of a rapidly growing startup with the stability of a seasoned management team.
The Underwriter will be responsible for the following:
- Underwrite a wide variety of product and loan types
- Analyze credit, income, tax returns, assets and appraisals; determine borrower’s credit worthiness and ability to repay loan as agreed for terms requested
- Mitigate credit risk by conducting a thorough and prudent review of each loan file; dispositions loans within company issued underwriting authority limits
- Seek management approval when loan limit exceeds the underwriter’s authority
- Clear all conditions of loan in preparation for closing of the loan
- Deliver full disposition of loans within 24-48 hours of receiving loan files into underwriting; clears conditions of loans the same day as received.
- Ensure origination data is property entered into SoFi’s systems
- Work directly with sales and operations teams to resolve underwriting issues
- A minimum of 4 years of current experience in mortgage origination underwriting
- Advanced analysis skills in the areas of credit, income, tax returns, assets and property; determine borrower’s credit worthiness and ability to repay loan as agreed for terms requested
- Ability to underwrite loans at a national level and in all markets.
- Broad knowledge of consumer real estate lending,
- Experience reviewing loans for compliance with applicable federal and state laws
- Demonstrated ability to work on paperless loans. Proven experience in maintaining status and information within a Loan Origination System (LOS) and Mortgage Dashboard systems, updating notes, status dates, and loan information for reporting as needed.
- Demonstrated ability to review documents needed to clear approval conditions
- Experience with automated underwriting systems including DU and LP
- Demonstrated ability to work in a demanding, fast paced, team oriented setting
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Effective problem solver
- Catered lunches, a fully stocked kitchen, and subsidized gym membership.
- Competitive salary packages, bonuses, and stock options.
- A flexible vacation policy allows you to truly relax and reboot.
- Comprehensive health, vision, dental, and life insurance as well as disability benefits.
- 100% of health, vision, and dental premiums paid by SoFI for employees and their dependents.
- 401(k) and education on retirement planning.
- Tuition reimbursement on approved programs, up to $5,250 a year.
- Monthly contribution to help you pay off your student loans.
Back to top