Mortgage Loan Processor Assistant
This role supports the Mortgage Loan Processor in the processing of home mortgage loans. The Loan Processor Assistant will review income, asset and credit documentation prior to underwriting. They will also assist with various tasks specifically related to the processing of all 1 – 4 residential loan types as detailed below. All duties are performed in accordance with established guidelines and policies, as well as in compliance with all applicable state and federal banking regulations.
By joining SoFi, you’ll become part of a forward-thinking technology company that is transforming financial services with innovative loan products and investment tools. Recently ranked as one of the fastest growing fintech companies in the Bay Area, we’ve grown from 150 to 500+ employees in the past year and just raised a $1 Billion round of funding. We offer the excitement of a rapidly growing startup with the stability of a seasoned management team.
- Review loan documentation submitted by the applicant to ensure what is needed for loan approval has been provided.
- Review Credit documentation to ensure it meets policy guidelines
- Work as liaison between sales, processing and underwriting to identify missing documentation and other loan needs
- Contact credit bureaus, escrow/title companies and other third party vendors to obtain missing documentation
- Assist with miscellaneous tasks, as needed, to ensure timely processing of loan applications
- Experience with mortgage processing/documentation preferred but not required.
- Experience in reading credit reports
- Experience in evaluating income and tax return documentation
- Minimum of 2+ months as a SoFi Reviewer
- Good mathematical skills required
- Good technical skills including proficiency with Windows operating system and keyboard skills.
- Ability to handle confidential material in a professional, ethical manner.
- Ability to perform tasks with limited supervision.
- Demonstrate excellent customer service skills.
- Time management and organization skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Amazing work environment: lunch and snacks provided
- Competitive compensation and bonus
- Stock options
- Generous paid time off
- Medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurance
- 401K and commuter benefits
- Tuition reimbursement
- Subsidized gym membership
Back to top