Mobile Engineer Manager
About The Role
SoFi is looking for a Mobile Engineer Manager to drive the future of our mobile platform. We are looking for someone passionate about delivering the best user experience possible on mobile. This role offers a unique chance to touch virtually every feature in SoFi’s Android or iOS application. As the tech lead, you will be responsible for leading the software architecture, technical design, and software implementation strategies of our mobile apps. You will think critically to develop the SoFi apps for iPhone, iPad, or Android.
By joining SoFi, you’ll become part of a forward-thinking company that is transforming financial services. Recently ranked as one of the fastest growing fintech companies in the Bay Area, we’re nearly 600+ employees strong. We offer the excitement of a rapidly growing startup with the stability of a seasoned management team.
- Lead the mobile team during software architecture and design.
- Work within the engineering team to develop features that specifically benefit our users.
- Work closely with product management to develop a software roadmap for our mobile apps.
- Work with product owners across the businesses to understand market needs & vision to quickly translate that vision into demonstrable software.
- Collaborate with cross functional teams such as architecture, backend integration, visual design, UX, QA, Web Engineers, and Platform Engineers.
- Develop and implement web/mobile app designs, interfaces, and REST APIs.
- Computer Science Degree or equivalent from a fully-accredited college or university.
- 5+ years of software development experience.
- 3+ years experience leading mobile software teams and projects from inception to delivery.
- Expert developer in either Android or iOS (One platform required) and a working knowledge of the other platform.
- Previous experience building mobile applications with rich UI and great UX.
- Top-notch programming skills in an object-oriented language like Java or Swift.
- 2+ years building native applications for iPhone, iPad and/or Android devices.
- Experience in using web services (SOAP/XML) or REST services (JSON/XML).
- Understanding of HTTP/S and web-based application architecture.
- Relational Database knowledge including SQL programming.
- Familiar with agile development.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Knowledge and experience in enterprise-scale multi-tier, distributed architecture.
- Experience working with Angular.js, Ember, Backbone.js, or Knockout.js.
- Experience with responsive web design.
- Previous experience developing accessible technologies or working specifically with VoiceOver, TalkBack, or other assistive technologies.
- Graphic design skills.
- Catered lunches, a fully stocked kitchen, and subsidized gym membership.
- Competitive salary packages and bonuses.
- A flexible vacation policy allows you to truly relax and reboot.
- Comprehensive health, vision, dental, and life insurance as well as disability benefits.
- 100% of health, vision, and dental premiums paid by SoFI for employees and their dependents.
- 401(k) and education on retirement planning.
- Tuition reimbursement on approved programs, up to $5,250 a year.
- Monthly contribution to help you pay off your student loans.
See Inside the Office of SoFi
SoFi was founded in 2011 to offer an innovative solution to the rising problem of student debt. Focused on building a community around traditional financial products, SoFi connects students and recent graduates with alumni and other community investors through school-specific student loan funds. Borrowers save time and money by refinancing their private and federal loans, investors earn an attractive return, and both sides benefit from the SoFi community.
Back to top