About the Role
We’re seeking a savvy marketer to run marketing and do a bit of everything for SoFi in Australia. SoFi is a 600 plus-person San Francisco-based startup creating innovative and transparent financial products, delivering them with user-friendly technology, and supporting our customers (who we call members) with benefits to help them reach their financial and professional goals faster. You’ll be SoFi’s expert on Australian consumers and competition as we take successful loan products from the US and launch them in Australia. This is a highly cross-functional role, both within our Marketing team and across different departments in SoFi. Based remotely in Australia, this role reports to our Director of Product Marketing.
In this role, you will
- Craft positioning and messaging while understanding consumer and competitive dynamics in the Australian consumer loan and mortgage markets
- Work with internal product owners and brand team to iterate on product positioning, value proposition, and go-to-market across products and customer segments
- Hire and manage marketing agencies to run paid search, social, and direct mail campaigns, as well as build partnerships with affiliate sites like RateCity or Finder
- Work with internal marketing channel owners to deliver breakthrough campaigns that boost awareness and cross-sell for all products
- Work with Product Management to create a seamless experience for each SoFi product, including the loan process and email touch points
At SoFi, you’ll become part of a forward-thinking technology company that is transforming financial services with innovative loan products and investment tools. As one of the fastest growing fintech companies, we’ve grown from 200 to 700 plus employees in the past two years and raised more than $1 billion in funding. You get the excitement of a rapidly growing startup with the stability of a seasoned management team.
Desired Skills & Experience
- 5-8 years technology marketing experience, financial services a plus
- Strategy and Execution: Combine strategic thinking with tactical execution
- Independence: At launch, work remotely and problem-solve in a fast-paced, self-driven environment (as we’ll only have a couple of employees in Australia to start)
- Agency Management: Because the team is so lean, leverage outside resources to scale your impact
- Self-Starting: Roll up your sleeves to get things done (even the not so glamorous things)
- Analytics: Use data to drive strategy, execution, and optimization
- Finance: Healthy understanding of personal finance (but don’t need to be a banker)
- Bachelor’s degree required, MBA encouraged to apply
- Competitive compensation
- 4 weeks annual leave
- Business casual dress code
If you are a good fit, please send us your resume and a paragraph explaining your interest in the role. We look forward to hearing from you.
See Inside the Office of SoFi
SoFi was founded in 2011 to offer an innovative solution to the rising problem of student debt. Focused on building a community around traditional financial products, SoFi connects students and recent graduates with alumni and other community investors through school-specific student loan funds. Borrowers save time and money by refinancing their private and federal loans, investors earn an attractive return, and both sides benefit from the SoFi community.
Back to top