Manager, Financial Planning
About The Role
We are seeking a dynamic and motivated person to oversee the team delivering SoFi’s Planning and Advisory services to our Members. This role will be responsible for hiring, mentoring and management of all Financial Planners, Wealth Operations Support and Customer Service functions for SoFi Advisory Services. The position reports to the Senior Director, Financial Planning.
The ideal candidate must have an energetic and upbeat coaching mentality and be capable of managing the daily needs of a growing financial planning practice.
- Supervise a dedicated team of planners, operations support and customer service team members
- Be the hands-on leader focused on excellent and consistent delivery of plan advice
- Lead staffing efforts for the group
- Help define Advice Strategy in line with SoFi’s brand
- Develop all members of the planning team through coaching and training
- Use and develop metrics to keep the team on track to meet established KPI metrics (C-sat, willingness to refer, call and plan advice quality, talk time, planning efficiency)
- Manage capacity planning needs and achievements of targeted operational efficiencies
- Evaluate ways to improve and streamline client interaction, plan delivery and product features
- Leverage training and compliance resources to limit business exposure to client complaints
- Be technically savvy and expertly use management reports to oversee each planner’s book of business and your team’s analytics
- Report team’s performance to senior management
- Maintains current best practices in changes in technology and regulatory issues and how they may impact operational functions and processes
- Bachelor’s degree required, preferably financial services related
- CFP® licensed
- Experienced manager with at least 3 years of management experience
- Experienced recruiter with demonstrated ability to attract top talent
- Must have at least 3 – 5 years of financial planning experience
- Should have ideally worked with a large planning practice and with a high volume of clients
- Skilled communicator with excellent oral and written communication skills
- Experienced at giving formal and informal employee reviews
- Organized and detailed oriented self-starter who works well with existing processes but strives for excellence and efficiency improvements on an ongoing basis
- Catered lunches, a fully stocked kitchen, and subsidized gym membership.
- Competitive salary packages and bonuses.
- A flexible vacation policy allows you to truly relax and reboot.
- Comprehensive health, vision, dental, and life insurance as well as disability benefits.
- 100% of health, vision, and dental premiums paid by SoFI for employees and their dependents.
- 401(k) and education on retirement planning.
- Tuition reimbursement on approved programs, up to $5,250 a year.
- Monthly contribution to help you pay off your student loans.
See Inside the Office of SoFi
SoFi was founded in 2011 to offer an innovative solution to the rising problem of student debt. Focused on building a community around traditional financial products, SoFi connects students and recent graduates with alumni and other community investors through school-specific student loan funds. Borrowers save time and money by refinancing their private and federal loans, investors earn an attractive return, and both sides benefit from the SoFi community.
Back to top