Loan Operations Trainer
Loan Operations Trainer
SoFi is hiring an experienced Trainer that will lead both new hire classes as well as ongoing trainings on topics such as system technologies, product knowledge, company policies, loan application procedures, customer service, leadership, lending compliance and more.
By joining SoFi, you’ll become part of a forward-thinking technology company that is transforming financial services with innovative loan products and investment tools. Recently ranked as one of the fastest growing fintech companies in the Bay Area, we’ve grown from 150 to 700+ employees in the past year and just raised a $1 Billion round of funding. We offer the excitement of a rapidly growing startup with the stability of a seasoned management team.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Has an excellent understanding of different learning styles and the different generational learning patterns and has ideas on how to efficiently teach new concepts so that there is the necessary understanding by the “student” in the quickest amount of time
- Formulating teaching outline and actively participates in determining instructional methods such as individual training, group instruction, and department meetings
- Conduct training sessions covering specified areas such as new employee orientation, on-the-job training, use of computers and software, customer service, refresher trainings, and procedural updates
- Consistently observe, coach and mentor customer service representatives to improve and enhance the customer experience.
- Monitor trainee progress and meet with trainees to discuss their progress and set goals with regard to training objectives
- Report on progress of employees under guidance during training periods
- Coordinate schedules, seating, and necessary computer applications for new employees with the IT department and HR department
- Oral Communication – Speak clearly and persuasively in all situations; listen and get clarification; respond well to questions; demonstrate excellent group presentation skills; active participant in meetings
- Written Communication – Write clearly and informatively; edit work for spelling and grammar; vary writing style dependent upon needs; able to read, interpret and develop written information
- Attitude – Demonstrate a positive “can do” attitude; show motivation; must be goal oriented and a self-starter; be “solution-minded” rather than “problem-minded,” and a true team player
- Demonstrate expertise with Microsoft products and other applicable software or applications
- Knowledge of Internet, spreadsheet, PowerPoint, and word processing software
- Video conferencing set up and delivery experience a plus
- Any other learning software experience is a plus
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree preferred, High School Diploma or GED required
- College Graduate a plus
- Two to Three years’ experience as a trainer delivering instructor-led training to adult learners
- Experience using the ADDIE development model
- One to three years’ training experience in a call center environment preferred
- Experience with consumer or mortgage loans a plus
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Employee is frequently required to sit for extended periods of time and may be required to talk and listen to employees and/customers.
- Employee is frequently required to stand for extended periods of time while presenting instruction.
Employee may work in an office setting. The individual must be able to operate televisions and computers together for use during presentations and training.
- Catered lunches, a fully stocked kitchen and much more.
- Competitive salary packages, bonuses, and stock options.
- A flexible vacation policy allows you to truly relax and reboot.
- Comprehensive health, vision, dental, and life insurance as well as disability benefits.
- 100% of health, vision, and dental premiums paid by SoFi for employees and their dependents.
- 401(k) and education on retirement planning.
- Tuition reimbursement on approved programs, up to $5,250 a year.
- Monthly contribution to help you pay off your student loans.
See Inside the Office of SoFi
SoFi was founded in 2011 to offer an innovative solution to the rising problem of student debt. Focused on building a community around traditional financial products, SoFi connects students and recent graduates with alumni and other community investors through school-specific student loan funds. Borrowers save time and money by refinancing their private and federal loans, investors earn an attractive return, and both sides benefit from the SoFi community.
Back to top