Loan Operations Manager
SoFi is seeking an experienced Operations Manager who is passionate about customer service and has the skills and experience to lead a team to deliver outstanding results. Are you craving an opportunity to work for a fast-paced startup that is poised to change the banking world? Do you embrace hard work and a collegiate culture, and want to be paid well for delivering outstanding results? Then we want to talk to you.
You will manage a team of 10 – 15 customer service and loan origination consultants, with responsibility for closing loans at or ahead of target while delivering an outstanding member experience. You’ll get the perks of a start-up – free lunch, stock options, generous time off – while working in a well-funded, profitable and disruptive financial services company.
By joining SoFi, you’ll become part of a forward-thinking technology company that is transforming financial services with innovative loan products and investment tools. Recently ranked as one of the fastest growing fintech companies in the Bay Area, we’ve grown from 150 to 500+ employees in the past year and just raised a $1 Billion round of funding. We offer the excitement of a rapidly growing startup with the stability of a seasoned management team.
SoFi’s Operations Manager will be required to:
- Independently manage teams of 10-15 customer service and loan origination associates
- Master all tasks associates are required to perform.
- Hire, train, motivate, monitor and coach new associates
- Serve as a second tier for escalated customer issues and questions
- Handle special borrower circumstances and problems as they arise
- Ensure that the team is following procedures and providing first-rate customer service
- Implement processes and procedures to increase efficiency and reduce errors
- Liase with business partners on behalf of customers and the company
Qualification & Requirements:
- Minimum Bachelors or Associate Degree
- 3+ years of management experience
- 5+ years general customer service experience
- Call center or processing center management experience strongly preferred
- Experience hiring, training, motivating, monitoring and coaching teams of customer service & processing employees
Minimum Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Strong management skills are required to manage the team of associates
- Strong written communication skills are required to answer questions and communicate issues clearly & concisely to associates, customers as well as upper management
- Ability to react to change quickly and implement new processes & procedures
- Ability to work independently with little or no supervision
- Professional demeanor and excellent work habits are essential
- Student loan originations, consumer credit or consumer lending experience preferred
- Financial services specific customer service experience preferred
Some evenings and weekend days will be required
- Catered lunches, a fully stocked kitchen, and subsidized gym membership.
- Competitive salary packages, bonuses, and stock options.
- A flexible vacation policy allows you to truly relax and reboot.
- Comprehensive health, vision, dental, and life insurance as well as disability benefits.
- 100% of health, vision, and dental premiums paid by SoFI for employees and their dependents.
- 401(k) and education on retirement planning.
- Tuition reimbursement on approved programs, up to $5,250 a year.
- Monthly contribution to help you pay off your student loans.
Back to top