Loan Officer Assistant
The Loan Officer Assistant provides sales assistance to the Mortgage Loan Originator. Their primary function is to request and review borrower documentation including credit history, assets and income/employment history in an effort to move mortgage loan transactions into Underwriting in under 20 days. Additionally, the Loan Officer Assistant provides support in ensuring mortgage loan transactions not moving to closing are properly dispositioned out of the active working pipeline.
By joining SoFi, you’ll become part of a forward-thinking technology company that is transforming financial services with innovative loan products and investment tools. Recently ranked as one of the fastest growing fintech companies in the Bay Area, we’ve grown from 150 to 500+ employees in the past year and just raised a $1 Billion round of funding. We offer the excitement of a rapidly growing startup with the stability of a seasoned management team.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Validate borrower information and update systems
- Initiate borrower contact and loan disclosure process within 3 days of borrower application (credit consent or receipt of property information on purchase transactions)
- Request/follow up for missing documentation
- Ensure Regulation B requirements for notice of incomplete applications is processed timely
- Utilize pipeline management reporting to process loans and ensure aging is within acceptable timelines
- Actively participate in weekly pipeline meetings with Mortgage Loan Originator
- Process new leads upon receipt
- Review borrower documentation; identify missing or incomplete information prior to submission to File Readiness
- Review / resolve File Readiness issues
- Request, follow up and obtain underwriting stipulations/conditions needed from borrower
- Act as resource to Loan Processor in obtaining information in support of underwriting approvals:
- OPS conditions; 4506T, Insurance, Settlement Statements, Condo Certs etc.
- Assist in boarding loans to Encompass
- Excellent communication and telephone customer service skills
- Excellent general computer skills and strong attention to detail
- Ability to work in Microsoft Word and Excel and on multiple screens.
- Knowledge of general Mortgage lending systems, products and underwriting preferred
- Ability work in very fast paced environment
- Ability to work independently after given clear direction
- Amazing work environment: lunch and snacks provided
- Competitive compensation and bonus
- Stock options
- Generous paid time off
- Medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurance
- Healthcare and commuter FSA
- Tuition reimbursement
- Subsidized gym membership
Back to top