About the Role
SoFi is looking for an IT Manager located in our new San Francisco location to build up and supervise desktop support teams at all our company locations. This person will strategically work with the team to develop an IT department that aligns SoFi’s technologies to the needs of the business.
The ideal candidate will act as a technical leader who can manage day-to-day operations and provide technology support to a team of over 600 staff. The role collaborates with all other departments on IT related matters and is responsible for managing the desktop support teams at all offices.
By joining SoFi, you’ll become part of a forward-thinking technology company that is transforming financial services with innovative loan products and investment tools. Recently ranked as one of the fastest growing fintech companies in the Bay Area, we’ve grown from 150 to 600+ employees in the past year and just raised a $1 Billion round of funding. We offer the excitement of a rapidly growing startup with the stability of a seasoned management team.
- Provide leadership, direction and act as a role model for help-desk and desktop support technicians to manage, maintain, and upgrade IT operations.
- Lead staff with troubleshooting hardware and software issues, supporting software applications, maintaining and expanding IT and voice communication infrastructure and technologies.
- Direct and develop staff to meet performance goals and objectives and ensures that projects meet set deadlines.
- Analyze technology requirements appropriate for the organization and develop functional specifications.
- Ensure confidentiality and reliability of SoFi’s data and proprietary information.
- Ensure compliance with software licensing agreements and regulatory mandates.
- Manage the acquisition, installation and maintenance of the organization’s hardware/software.
- Work with staff to analyze and investigate issues, solutions, new technology, and determines root causes of problems; proposes and resolves issues.
- Bachelor’s degree (or higher) in Computer Science, or related field.
- Proven track record of IT/Management experience with a minimum of (3) years management experience.
- Experience managing support teams.
- Has expert knowledge of business operations, policies and practices.
- Skilled leader who can work independently and lead a team to find new solutions and enhancements within the product and business processes.
- Anticipate consequences of actions, potential problems, or opportunities for change.
- Ability to translate technical or procedural information into specifications or action plans and to convey technical or complex information to others in non-technical terms.
- Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills.
Personal Attributes of the Ideal Candidate Include
- Highly self-motivated, self-directed and attentive to detail.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a fast paced, high-pressure environment.
- Extensive experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Catered lunches, a fully stocked kitchen, and subsidized gym membership.
- Competitive salary packages, bonuses, and stock options.
- A flexible vacation policy allows you to truly relax and reboot.
- Comprehensive health, vision, dental, and life insurance as well as disability benefits.
- 100% of health, vision, and dental premiums paid by SoFI for employees and their dependents.
- 401(k) and education on retirement planning.
- Tuition reimbursement on approved programs, up to $5,250 a year.
- Monthly contribution to help you pay off your student loans.
See Inside the Office of SoFi
SoFi was founded in 2011 to offer an innovative solution to the rising problem of student debt. Focused on building a community around traditional financial products, SoFi connects students and recent graduates with alumni and other community investors through school-specific student loan funds. Borrowers save time and money by refinancing their private and federal loans, investors earn an attractive return, and both sides benefit from the SoFi community.
Back to top