Infrastructure Security Engineer
About The Role
SoFi is seeking an experienced Information Security professional to further its Network Security program. The ideal candidate comes with a strong background in solutions to mitigate infrastructure-level threats and scale security monitoring.
As a member of the Information Security function, you will be part of a team of highly skilled engineers tuned-in to threat research and technical innovation. You will work closely with engineering teams and other business functions to tackle complex technical problems and secure the SoFi products.
SoFi is a forward-thinking company that is transforming financial services. Recently ranked as one of the fastest growing fin tech companies in the Bay Area, SoFi is nearly 600+ employees strong. As the only fintech firm to secure a $1 billion funding round, SoFi offers the excitement of a rapidly growing startup with the stability of a seasoned management team.
- Lead security engineering and architecture for core infrastructure
- Drive the implementation and improvements of authentication and encryption services
- Operate the security monitoring infrastructure
- Perform internal and partner security assessments
- Define security standards and help harden infrastructure
- BS degree in Computer Science or related technical field or equivalent practical experience
- 2 years of relevant experience in network or cloud security
- Strong knowledge of network-based and system-level attacks and mitigations
- Practical experience in security engineering, applied cryptography, PKI, SSL/TLS and authentication protocols such as OAuth and RADIUS
- Secure password management, Single Sign-On and Multi-Factor authentication
- Log management, security events correlation and monitoring
- Self-starter with strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Experience developing security tools or software development experience (Java, Perl, Python, etc)
- Working knowledge of Amazon Web Services (AWS) security
- Experience with data tokenization
- Collaboration with Managed Security Services Providers
- Offensive security or Red Teaming experience
- Incident response or computer forensics experience
- Catered lunches, a fully stocked kitchen, and subsidized gym membership.
- Competitive salary packages and bonuses.
- A flexible vacation policy allows you to truly relax and reboot.
- Comprehensive health, vision, dental, and life insurance as well as disability benefits.
- 100% of health, vision, and dental premiums paid by SoFI for employees and their dependents.
- 401(k) and education on retirement planning.
- Tuition reimbursement on approved programs, up to $5,250 a year.
- Monthly contribution to help you pay off your student loans.
Applicants must be authorized to work in the United States without visa sponsorship.
Back to top