SoFi is seeking a loan funding analyst who will own all of the loan funding functionality from start to finish. Process includes daily tie out between systems, research discrepancies, and process payment via check, ACH, and wires. The Funding Analyst will act as liaison between the Financial Operations Team and the Loan Operations Team, working closely to resolve funding related issues. In this role, you will perform daily reconciliations between system and cash and assist in developing and streamlining the daily loan funding operations to enhance controls. The preferred candidate is a team player, self-motivator, very attentive to details, and can switch gears rapidly in a fast paced environment. SoFi is looking for an enthused individual who is looking to grow in his/her career within a rapidly growing organization.
By joining SoFi, you’ll become part of a forward-thinking company that is transforming financial services. Ranked as one of the fastest growing fin tech companies in the Bay Area, we’re 600+ employees strong. We offer the excitement of a rapidly growing startup with the stability of a seasoned management team.
Responsibilities include but limited to:
- Daily processing of checks, ACH, and wire for student loan refinancing in Netsuite accounting system and online banking portal
- Processing up to 35+ wires per day for mortgage funding
- Processing ACH refunds to borrowers
- Daily escrow remittance to mortgage servicer
- Reconciling between Netsuite accounting system, SoFee proprietary system, and bank account
- Booking daily journal entries with proper support
- Managing all new bank account paperwork
- 1-4 years of relevant experience, preferably with experience in loan servicing and reconciliations at a bank, mortgage lender / broker, or comparable financial services company
- Computer skills including Excel, Word, and general ledger systems
- Experience with wire and ACH payments
- Ability to book journal entries with proper support
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Attention to detail
- Ability to switch gears, work in a fast paced environment, and prioritize accordingly
- Responsible with a “can do” attitude and the ability to work independently
- Willing to support team as needed
- Bachelor’s degree; degree in Business Administration, Accounting, Economics or Finance preferred
- Netsuite experience a plus
- Catered lunches, a fully stocked kitchen, and subsidized gym membership.
- Competitive salary packages and bonuses.
- A flexible vacation policy allows you to truly relax and reboot.
- Comprehensive health, vision, dental, and life insurance as well as disability benefits.
- 100% of health, vision, and dental premiums paid by SoFI for employees and their dependents.
- 401(k) and education on retirement planning.
- Tuition reimbursement on approved programs, up to $5,250 a year.
- Monthly contribution to help you pay off your student loans.
See Inside the Office of SoFi
SoFi was founded in 2011 to offer an innovative solution to the rising problem of student debt. Focused on building a community around traditional financial products, SoFi connects students and recent graduates with alumni and other community investors through school-specific student loan funds. Borrowers save time and money by refinancing their private and federal loans, investors earn an attractive return, and both sides benefit from the SoFi community.
Back to top