Director, International Product Development
About the Role
SoFi is looking for a technical product management professional to spearhead the development of international products within our lending platform. We are looking for a hands-on, technology proficient professional who can lead, define, and deliver innovative solutions at SoFi.
The Director of International Product Development is responsible for the product planning and execution throughout the product lifecycle, including: gathering and prioritizing product requirements, defining the product vision, and working closely with engineering, sales, marketing and operations to ensure revenue and customer satisfaction goals are met. Responsibilities also include ensuring that the product supports the company’s overall strategy and goals.
By joining SoFi, you’ll become part of a forward-thinking technology company that is transforming financial services with innovative loan products and investment tools. Recently ranked as one of the fastest growing fintech companies in the Bay Area, we’ve grown from 150 to 500+ employees in the past year and just raised a $1 Billion round of funding. We offer the excitement of a rapidly growing startup with the stability of a seasoned management team.
- Liaison between business functional groups and engineering to develop the borrower and operator application for international markets. Work with internal project stakeholders from marketing, sales, operations, community and executive management to translate business needs into requirements, drive consensus, including developing success metrics
- Designing borrower and operator application workflow
- Create specifications and requirements for development team
- Work with designers and developers to get project requirements well scoped, designed and built
- Establish product delivery timelines in close collaboration with the development team
- Work effectively in a cross-functional team (build requires input from legal/compliance, marketing, credit, loan operations/servicing)
- Point on application integration with third party vendors
- Assess integration capability and work with third party vendors and SoFi development team to integrate third party data feeds into SoFi application
- Keep on top of competitive landscape; assess product-market fit and liaison with Capital Markets group to assess attractiveness of product to international capital markets.
- Deliver product requirement definitions with prioritized features and corresponding justification
- Work closely with engineering to articulate the needed functionality, serve as the business SME, and conduct UATs
- Work with the loan operation business leadership to define the product strategy and roadmap
- Drive integration of lending platform functionality into the existing SoFi enterprise infrastructure, creating a holistic customer experience
- Drive consensus across the organization
- Act as a leader within the company
- Experience functioning in a product management capacity
- Demonstrated success defining and launching excellent products
- Deep business analyst skills. Consulting experience a major plus.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Technical background, 2 years of coding/programming experience
- Excellent teamwork skills
- Proven ability to understand the business and engineering sides
- Catered lunches, a fully stocked kitchen, and subsidized gym membership.
- Competitive salary packages, bonuses and stock options.
- A flexible vacation policy allows you to truly relax and reboot.
- Comprehensive health, vision, dental, and life insurance as well as disability benefits.
- 100% of health, vision, and dental premiums paid by SoFI for employees and their dependents.
- 401(k) and education on retirement planning.
- Tuition reimbursement on approved programs, up to $5,250 a year.
- Monthly contribution to help you pay off your student loans.
Back to top