Director, Human Resources
About the Role
SoFi’s Director, Human Resources will perform HR Generalist duties for this fast-growing, dynamic organization. The Director, Human Resources be a key point of contact for employees and will guide and advise managers on the HR implications of business strategies. This position will be responsible for coaching managers and employees on day to day operational issues and provide organizational support to allow employees to reach their full potential.
By joining SoFi, you’ll become part of a forward-thinking technology company that is transforming financial services with innovative loan products and investment tools. Recently ranked as one of the fastest growing fintech companies in the Bay Area, we’ve grown from 150 to 600+ employees in the past year and just raised a $1 Billion round of funding. We offer the excitement of a rapidly growing startup with the stability of a seasoned management team.
Functional HR Competencies Required
- Compensation and Benefits: Demonstrated ability to understand and apply total pay concepts to attract, motivate and retain key employees in the organization
- Employee Effectiveness: Demonstrated ability to keep in touch with the workforce, anticipating employee reaction and impact of business decisions
- Mediating/Counseling: Demonstrated ability to improve working relationships among all levels of employees.
- Performance Management: Knowledge of the process of performance management that includes defining success, establishing measurements, providing feedback and rewarding performance.
- Staffing: Ability to assist the organization with the staffing process and build action plans with Staffing partners to maintain an active pipeline of talent. Can effectively close candidates.
- Workforce Planning: Demonstrated ability to identify the HR implications of the business plan and develop and implement solutions to meet identified needs.
- Employee Communications: Skills in developing internal communications to ensure effective communication channels within the organization
- Group Dynamics: Knowledge of team effectiveness skills and models.
- Business Understanding: Ability to explore and understand the inter-relations of the business processes, financial metrics and organizational systems and structures.
- High Integrity
- Consultative, influential, facilitative and collaborative
- High personal courage and accountable.
- Ability to be successful in a changing and ambiguous environment
- High interpersonal skills, listening and empathy.
- High standards of quality
- Flexibility that allows her/him to work effectively in a start-up environment
- Minimum of a bachelors degree or equivalent
- Minimum of 5-7 years experience in Human Resource Management operating as a business partner
- Proven leadership skills to manage multiple projects.
- Experience working in Hi-Technology companies desirable (Software Industry) or in the Financial Industry
- Catered lunches, a fully stocked kitchen, and subsidized gym membership.
- Competitive salary packages, bonuses, and stock options.
- A flexible vacation policy allows you to truly relax and reboot.
- Comprehensive health, vision, dental, and life insurance as well as disability benefits.
- 100% of health, vision, and dental premiums paid by SoFI for employees and their dependents.
- 401(k) and education on retirement planning.
- Tuition reimbursement on approved programs, up to $5,250 a year.
- Monthly contribution to help you pay off your student loans.
Back to top