Director, Database Marketing/CRM
About The Role
SoFi is seeking an innovative, data-driven, customer-focused Director to lead its Database Marketing and CRM efforts. The person in this role will lead the charge to ensure that each customer receives a highly personalized and engaging journey through every interaction with SoFi. This includes fostering the development of a prospect database and further defining SoFi’s segmentation and targeting strategies. Will also partner with Product Marketing, Acquisition Channel Owners, Data Science, Product Dev and Engineering teams on Data/CRM systems and tools.
The ideal candidate has an advanced understanding of CRM best practices/capabilities, 3rd party data vendors and direct experience with consumer credit databases and products with an ability to achieve a long-term vision through short-term wins and a passion for innovating new solutions.
By joining SoFi, you’ll become part of a forward-thinking company that is transforming financial services. Ranked as one of the fastest growing fin tech companies in the Bay Area, we’re 600+ employees strong. We offer the excitement of a rapidly growing startup with the stability of a seasoned management team.
- Partner with Data Science to develop a CRM/Marketing Data Mart and enrich our 1st party data with 3rd party data and operating within the nuances of credit and tradeline data along with other third party data that is broadly available.
- Create sophisticated customer segmentation and analytics strategies and targeting for acquisition, brand, user engagement and cross sell.
- Define new engagement-based KPIs to grow and maintain the health of our contactable customer base and prospects.
- Work cross functionally to develop and map the customer journey and optimize contact management strategy and develop business requirements needed to implement and maintain it.
- Track behavioral and demographic trends across customer segments and manage analytic delivery tools (i.e. – dashboards, etc).
- Partner with Data Science to develop Fractional attribution and media mix modeling
- Partner with Product and Engineering teams to identify and implement marketing system improvements and automation, and prioritize the CRM dev roadmap.
- Build and grow the Database Marketing team.
- 7+ years of experience in related positions with increasing responsibility
- Hands-on experience with CRM platforms and 3rd party credit data and vendor management.
- Demonstrated ability to develop segmentation strategies, communication strategies and drive personalization at scale.
- A demonstrated record of partnering with teams across the organization and influencing to achieve business results across multiple teams and products.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Database Marketing, Marketing, Statistics, Applied Mathematics, Computer Science or other Quantitative discipline. Advanced degree or experience preferred.
- Strong analytical and Excel skills with knowledge of SQL and solid understanding of data warehouse architecture.
- Strong communication skills and demonstrated experience understanding and presenting complex quantitative analysis to business partners and senior management.
- Self-motivated, nimble and highly results-driven in a fast-paced and deadline-driven environment
- Strong people leadership skills
- Catered lunches, a fully stocked kitchen, and subsidized gym membership.
- Competitive salary packages, bonuses and stock options.
- A flexible vacation policy allows you to truly relax and reboot.
- Comprehensive health, vision, dental, and life insurance as well as disability benefits.
- 100% of health, vision, and dental premiums paid by SoFI for employees and their dependents.
- 401(k) and education on retirement planning.
- Tuition reimbursement on approved programs, up to $5,250 a year.
- Monthly contribution to help you pay off your student loans.
Back to top