Director, Consumer Communications
About The Role
We are looking for a Director of Consumer Communications to educate people about SoFi and excite them about taking charge of their money, career, and relationships. Reporting to the VP of Communications and Policy, this position will be be responsible for leading the overall consumer press strategy and developing timely, relevant, and creative campaigns and stories that differentiate SoFi as a brand.
The Director will be responsible for the development, execution and measurement of all consumer-driven communications, initiatives and tactics; drive daily activities; and work in tandem with business partners and cross-functional teams within SoFi to ensure our stories, campaigns and programs are leading to business outcomes.
By joining SoFi, you’ll become part of a forward-thinking company that is transforming personal finance. We offer the excitement of a rapidly growing startup with the stability of a seasoned management team.
- Drive a world-class consumer PR practice at SoFi, working with both in-house colleagues and managing external agencies
- Develop and activate creative consumer campaign and event concepts that map to business objectives, while generating media coverage and driving consumer usage; lead concept creation and execution, including traditional media and social channels
- Provide strategic direction and planning that ladders up to business objectives
- Develop and maintain relationships with top tier consumer reporters
- Oversee a digital PR outreach program and deliver positive coverage and improved influencer perceptions
- Provide PR counsel and messaging and positioning guidance to key stakeholders
- Keep the team up to date on industry/audience trends and news
- Strong leader and manager
- Excellent writer and communicator
- Creative, unconventional thinker
- Team player
- Curious and eager to learn
- Attention to detail, while being able to rise above to see the bigger picture
- 7-10 years of relevant work in consumer-oriented communications (having both agency and in-house experience a plus)
- Track record of super-creative campaign and story ideas with demonstrated results
- Strong existing consumer press ties
- Experience working collaboratively with outside agencies
- Ability to work remotely in tandem with the team in San Francisco
- Knowledge of financial services / personal finance a plus
- Catered lunches, a fully stocked kitchen, and subsidized gym membership.
- Competitive salary packages, bonuses and stock options.
- A flexible vacation policy allows you to truly relax and reboot.
- Comprehensive health, vision, dental, and life insurance as well as disability benefits.
- 100% of health, vision, and dental premiums paid by SoFI for employees and their dependents.
- 401(k) and education on retirement planning.
- Tuition reimbursement on approved programs, up to $5,250 a year.
- Monthly contribution to help you pay off your student loans.
Back to top