Director, Business Development - Healthcare
About The Role
SoFi is looking for a rockstar Director, Business Development – Healthcare to join our Business Development team as we continue to grow our SoFi at Work corporate benefits business, particularly within the healthcare sector.
This position is responsible for securing new enterprise partnerships with healthcare employers — informing prospects, closing deals, and achieving business targets. The role would have direct responsibility for working with healthcare employers in a consultative way: helping companies understand how SoFi at Work products can benefit employees to help them meet their financial wellness goals in order to facilitate greater adoption of SoFi products.
The right candidate will have a deep understanding of the world of benefits and the overall healthcare ecosystem so you may effectively position SoFi’s products, particularly to HR. You’ll have excellent presentation experience, a deep network of healthcare professionals, proven business development skills and achievement, a comfort with financial products, and a passion for the impact that SoFi can have for both our partners and our members.
The Director, Business Development – Healthcare will focus on the growth of SoFi’s corporate partnership efforts,, introducing SoFi at Work enterprise programs directly to employers and partners. The role will be an outward facing representative for SoFi and will be comfortable interacting at a high level with corporate leaders, helping build financial wellness solution programs and supporting partnerships.
The key to success in this role requires a relentless drive to identify, pursue and close new partnerships together with the ability to comfortably articulate financial concepts and product details.
By joining SoFi, you’ll become part of a forward-thinking company that is transforming financial services. Recently ranked as one of the fastest growing fintech companies in the Bay Area, we’re nearly 600 employees strong. We offer the excitement of a rapidly growing startup with the stability of a seasoned management team.
- Understand the world of benefits and overall healthcare ecosystem so you may effectively position SoFi at Work
- Generate new business by leveraging your deep network and prospecting new accounts (lead generation, cold calling, and networking – dealing with the C-Suite); proactively identifying potential SoFi at Work opportunities
- Predict the needs, questions, and hurdles presented by prospective partners and proactively address them
- Build strong and lasting relationships with prospective partners founded on mutual trust and aligned goals
- Manage timely, accurate, and robust prospect, pipeline, and forecast data
- Prepare and deliver presentations to prospective partners in a professional and effective manner
- Negotiate strategic agreements with key business executives (Direct Clients: CXOs, Benefits, Total Rewards and Recruiting Executives; Indirect Clients: Benefit Consultants and Providers)
- Function as the representative face of SoFi at conferences, events, and partner presentations
- 10+ years of experience in a business development focused role with extensive health benefits knowledge and network, as an outward facing representative of the company
- Consistent record of exceeding targets
- Proven capability in managing complex sales cycles from start to finish with a history of successful revenue attainment
- Ability to successfully build a pipeline that has opportunities sufficient to attain quota
- Proficiency in designing and carrying out a consultative sales strategy and experience focused on healthcare employers, preferably healthcare HR
- Excellent presentation and communication skills, with the ability to effectively articulate information to target audience
- Entrepreneurial focus with a determination to succeed in an innovative environment and work independently as a self-starter
- Demonstrated experience and expertise in developing and managing channel relationships (brokers and consultants) to drive meaningful outcomes
- Bachelor’s degree required; master’s degree a plus
- Well-balanced combination of strong analytical skills, creativity and ability to execute on ideas
- Good judgment in evaluating opportunities, strong communication skills and follow through
- Direct experience within large organizations as well as analysis and implementation of enterprise programs
- Catered lunches, a fully stocked kitchen, and subsidized gym membership.
- Competitive salary packages and bonuses.
- A flexible vacation policy allows you to truly relax and reboot.
- Comprehensive health, vision, dental, and life insurance as well as disability benefits.
- 100% of health, vision, and dental premiums paid by SoFI for employees and their dependents.
- 401(k) and education on retirement planning.
- Tuition reimbursement on approved programs, up to $5,250 a year.
- Monthly contribution to help you pay off your student loans.
See Inside the Office of SoFi
SoFi was founded in 2011 to offer an innovative solution to the rising problem of student debt. Focused on building a community around traditional financial products, SoFi connects students and recent graduates with alumni and other community investors through school-specific student loan funds. Borrowers save time and money by refinancing their private and federal loans, investors earn an attractive return, and both sides benefit from the SoFi community.
Back to top