About The Role
SoFi is seeking a Database Administrator to join our operations team. The ideal candidate must be enthused about database development, a quick learner and self-starting. The role will require extensive hands-on experience with the SQL language, and a solid understanding of high availability, cross region database replication, and disaster recovery.
The candidate will have experience in all phases of the project development lifecycle, solid problem-solving and communication skills, and the ability to work quickly and accurately under pressure. You would be responsible for configuring, implementing, and troubleshooting high availability solutions for our AWS environment.
By joining SoFi, you’ll become part of a forward-thinking company that is transforming financial services. Recently ranked as one of the fastest growing fintech companies in the Bay Area, we’re over 600+ employees strong. We offer the excitement of a rapidly growing startup with the stability of a seasoned management team.
This is a great opportunity for professionals looking to join an emerging leader, focused on disrupting a huge industry.
Key responsibilities will include
- Help engineers to optimize queries, stored procedures, and database scripts .
- Monitor and maintain security and performance needs of relational databases.
- Install and maintain new versions and upgrades of Postgres and MySQL.
- Develop, manage, maintain and test backup and recovery plans.
- Integrate and implement server solutions and server components.
- Support users by resolving problems with applications’ databases.
- Experience in day to day monitoring of system performance using tools such as Data Dog and New Relic.
- Occasional evenings and weekend hours to support production releases and resolve system issues.
- Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent work experience) and 3+ years related experience.
- Experience implementing and administering Oracle, Postgres, or MySQL including tuning and performance enhancements.
- Experience analyzing and optimizing SQL
- Experience with PL/SQL or plpgsql.
- Ability to bring new ideas and promote process improvement.
- Experience with NOSQL databases.
- Experience working in a cloud infrastructure such as AWS.
- Experience working with Docker.
- Catered lunches, a fully stocked kitchen, and subsidized gym membership.
- Competitive salary packages and bonuses.
- A flexible vacation policy allows you to truly relax and reboot.
- Comprehensive health, vision, dental, and life insurance as well as disability benefits.
- 100% of health, vision, and dental premiums paid by SoFI for employees and their dependents.
- 401(k) and education on retirement planning.
- Tuition reimbursement on approved programs, up to $5,250 a year.
- Monthly contribution to help you pay off your student loans.
See Inside the Office of SoFi
SoFi was founded in 2011 to offer an innovative solution to the rising problem of student debt. Focused on building a community around traditional financial products, SoFi connects students and recent graduates with alumni and other community investors through school-specific student loan funds. Borrowers save time and money by refinancing their private and federal loans, investors earn an attractive return, and both sides benefit from the SoFi community.
Back to top