Data Integration Engineer
About the Role
We are seeking a Senior Data Engineer to work in a fast-paced and fun environment in our Helena office.
Ideal candidates must be enthused about Data Warehouse development, dimensional modeling and ETL. They must be a quick learner and be self-starting. The role will require extensive hands-on experience with the SQL language, and a solid understanding of and background in dimensional modeling concepts and techniques.
The ideal candidate will have experience in all phases of the project development lifecycle, solid problem-solving and communication skills, and the ability to work quickly and accurately under pressure.
By joining SoFi, you’ll become part of a forward-thinking technology company that is transforming financial services with innovative loan products and investment tools. Recently ranked as one of the fastest growing fintech companies in the Bay Area, we’ve grown from 150 to 500+ employees in the past year and just raised a $1 Billion round of funding. We offer the excitement of a rapidly growing startup with the stability of a seasoned management team.
Dimensional Modelling, SQL, ETL, pl/pgsql
Key responsibilities include
- Understand and interpret customer requirements and design solutions to meet those requirements
- Develop new dimensional data models, and modify existing schemas to assist the team in meeting customer requirements
- Optimize SQL queries in current ETL process
- Create and maintain existing ETL processes
- Convert production data into a Data Warehouse model
- Troubleshoot data inconsistency issues
- Maintain the security, data integrity, and availability of data in the Data Warehouse
- Execute System and Integration Testing
- Improve Data Warehouse automation
- Help data analytics team in their querying and understanding of the Data Warehouse
- Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent work experience) and 3+ year data warehouse related experience.
- Experience designing dimensional data models
- Experience in creating and maintaining ETL processes
- Experience analyzing and optimizing SQL
- Ability to bring new ideas and promote process improvement
- Experience with reporting systems such as Tableau.
- Experience implementing, and administering Oracle, Postgres, or MYSQL
- Knowledge of Python
- Experience with PL/SQL or pl/pgsql
- Experience using an ETL tool
Personal Attributes of the Ideal Candidate Include
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced growing company.
- Ability to drive a project from inception to completion.
- Enthusiasm for solving challenging problems.
- Team attitude: a willingness to roll up your sleeves, work with others and get stuff done.
- Catered lunches, a fully stocked kitchen, and subsidized gym membership.
- Competitive salary packages and bonuses.
- A flexible vacation policy allows you to truly relax and reboot.
- Comprehensive health, vision, dental, and life insurance as well as disability benefits.
- 100% of health, vision, and dental premiums paid by SoFI for employees and their dependents.
- 401(k) and education on retirement planning.
- Tuition reimbursement on approved programs, up to $5,250 a year.
- Monthly contribution to help you pay off your student loans.
See Inside the Office of SoFi
SoFi was founded in 2011 to offer an innovative solution to the rising problem of student debt. Focused on building a community around traditional financial products, SoFi connects students and recent graduates with alumni and other community investors through school-specific student loan funds. Borrowers save time and money by refinancing their private and federal loans, investors earn an attractive return, and both sides benefit from the SoFi community.
Back to top