Data Integration Engineer
About the Role
We are seeking a Data Integration Engineer to work in a fast-paced and fun environment in our Helena office.
Ideal candidates must be enthused about database development, be a quick learner and be self-starting. The role will require extensive hands-on experience with the SQL language, and a solid understanding of and background in data modeling concepts and techniques, including modeling for OLTP and Data Warehouse environments.
The ideal candidate will have experience in all phases of the project development lifecycle, solid problem-solving and communication skills, and the ability to work quickly and accurately under pressure.
By joining SoFi, you’ll become part of a forward-thinking technology company that is transforming financial services with innovative loan products and investment tools. Recently ranked as one of the fastest growing fintech companies in the Bay Area, we’ve grown from 150 to 500+ employees in the past year and just raised a $1 Billion round of funding. We offer the excitement of a rapidly growing startup with the stability of a seasoned management team.
NOSQL, PostgreSQL, MySQL.
Key responsibilities include
- Understand and interpret customer requirements and design solutions to meet those requirements
- Develop new entity relationship models, and modify existing schemas to assist the team in meeting customer requirements
- Write SQL queries to meet customer requirements and analyze/optimize queries written by other developers
- Create/maintain applications and dashboard reports
- Convert production data into a data warehouse model, and troubleshoot data inconsistency issues
- Maintain the security, data integrity, and availability of data in production environments
- Execute System and Integration Testing
- Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent work experience) and 3+ years related experience.
- Experience designing data models
- Experience implementing, and administering Oracle, Postgres, or MYSQL
- Experience analyzing and optimizing SQL
- Ability to bring new ideas and promote process improvement
- Experience in designing, implementing, and managing large databases, including tuning and performance enhancements
- Experience with reporting systems such as Crystal or Birt.
- Java Development
- Experience with PL/SQL or plpgsql
Personal Attributes of the Ideal Candidate Include
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced growing company.
- Ability to drive a project from inception to completion.
- Enthusiasm for solving challenging problems.
- Team attitude: a willingness to roll up your sleeves, work with others and get stuff done.
- Catered lunches, a fully stocked kitchen, and subsidized gym membership.
- Competitive salary packages, bonuses, and stock options.
- A flexible vacation policy allows you to truly relax and reboot.
- Comprehensive health, vision, dental, and life insurance as well as disability benefits.
- 100% of health, vision, and dental premiums paid by SoFI for employees and their dependents.
- 401(k) and education on retirement planning.
- Tuition reimbursement on approved programs, up to $5,250 a year.
- Monthly contribution to help you pay off your student loans.
Applicants must be authorized to work in the United States without visa sponsorship.
Back to top