Customer Service Representative
The Customer Service Representative plays a vital role in building the relationship with our applicant and borrower base. SoFi’s Frontline Team fields inbound customer inquiries and processes loan applications.
In this role, you will act to resolve member dissatisfaction; make outbound contact to members who contact SoFi; provide Operations support to the SoFi Business Development team; and act as a rapid response unit for special projects as assigned. Additionally, when available and as needed, the Customer Service Representative will support other Customer Service Representative teams as well as Reviewer teams.
By joining SoFi, you’ll become part of a forward-thinking technology company that is transforming financial services with innovative loan products and investment tools. Recently ranked as one of the fastest growing fintech companies in the Bay Area, we’ve grown from 150 to 500+ employees in the past year and just raised a $1 Billion round of funding. We offer the excitement of a rapidly growing startup with the stability of a seasoned management team.
Essential Job Functions:
- Respond to applicant’s inbound inquiries via phone, Secure Chat and email regarding SoFi products
- Exercise consultative sales techniques demonstrating strong call control
- Provide world class customer service through First Call Resolution
- Document every correspondence with applicants and borrowers clearly and concisely
- Perform outbound outreach to applicants and work with the applicant and the operations team to successfully move applications through the sales process to funding
- Request and secure required documentation according to documented company procedures
- Participate in outbound Marketing Campaigns
- Perform audits to ensure data provided by applicants at submission is accurate and the request meets SOFI specifications pursuant to SOPs
- Manage correspondence via Desk & Secure Chat
- Deliver timely, accurate and actionable information to SoFi Teams as appropriate
- Improve upon and refine sales and customer service knowledge and techniques through ongoing training
- Strong ability to overcome objections, deescalate inquiries and be genuinely empathetic in conversation with Members
- Take ownership of resolving member inquiries and attempt to foresee causes of additional inquiries
- Share insights with management regarding the root causes of Member inquiries, concerns and complaints, advocating on our members’ behalf to improve our products, operations and policies
Qualifications and Experience Required
- Professional demeanor, strong work ethic
- Previous experience in financial services/sales and/or experience in a contact center
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to build positive working relationships with SoFi applicants, members and team
- Advanced computer skills with solid proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, Databases and Web.
- Ability to exhibit grace under pressure, while successfully navigating complex work assignments/situations efficiently and effectively
- Ability to meet critical deadlines in dynamic, rapidly changing environment
- Self-motivated, resourceful, productive on teams as well as independent work
- Able to move between projects / duties quickly and efficiently with excellent organizational and time management skills
- Ability to work evenings, nights and weekend days and overtime
- Experience handling high volume transactions
- Track record of successful high impact decision making
- College degree desired. High school diploma or GED required.
- Catered lunches, a fully stocked kitchen, and on-site gym membership.
- Competitive salary packages, bonuses.
- Flexible vacation policy allows you to truly relax and reboot.
- Comprehensive health, vision, dental, and life insurance as well as disability benefits.
- 100% of health, vision, and dental premiums paid by SoFI for employees and their dependents.
- 401(k) and education on retirement planning.
- Tuition reimbursement on approved programs, up to $5,250 a year.
- Monthly contribution to help you pay off your student loans.
See Inside the Office of SoFi
SoFi was founded in 2011 to offer an innovative solution to the rising problem of student debt. Focused on building a community around traditional financial products, SoFi connects students and recent graduates with alumni and other community investors through school-specific student loan funds. Borrowers save time and money by refinancing their private and federal loans, investors earn an attractive return, and both sides benefit from the SoFi community.
Back to top