Content Writer and Editor
About The Role
SoFi is looking for a content writer & editor to join our Marketing team. You’re a self-starter, team player, and ready to add value to our brand story by leading content development for our blog, resource center, social channels, and more. In this role, you will be able to help craft the editorial strategy for SoFi, working across teams and divisions to tell the story of SoFi and our inspiring members.
By joining SoFi, you’ll become part of a forward-thinking company that is transforming financial services. Recently ranked as one of the fastest growing fintech companies in the Bay Area, we’re nearly 600+ employees strong. We offer the excitement of a rapidly growing startup with the stability of a seasoned management team.
- Help to develop and build our content marketing strategy across owned, shared, paid and earned channels.
- Develop content and copy for SoFi’s blog, social channels, resource center, and more.
- Ensure content is developed for each area of the marketing funnel and working towards meeting the brand team’s KPIs and goals.
- Find new ways to tell our brand story—generating ideas for how branded content can come to life across multiple channels.
- Lead the charge on creating new forms of content to support the blog, resource center, and website—quizzes, guides, infographics, animations, video, and more.
- Manage the editorial calendar, working closely with our social media and email teams to optimize and strategize distribution.
- Edit, manage and proofread all content supplied by partners and guest contributors.
- Source and interview SoFi members and company subject matter experts to create compelling stories.
- Collaborate closely with the design team to develop our blog’s branded identity.
- Work with stakeholders and reviewers to keep the brand voice consistent.
- You know how to write copy that gets clicks—and loads of engagement.
- Your writing is clear, interesting, and makes people want to take an action.
- You can adjust SoFi’s brand voice and tone based on medium and audience.
- You’re ready to move quickly, test copy and content, and iterate to find the perfect performance-based solution.
- You can take initiative, keep organized, and handle multiple projects at once.
- Strong problem-solving skills, excellent grammar, and an ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment.
- Knowledge of SEO best practices a must.
- Knowledge of financial services or personal finance a plus.
- A minimum of 4-6 years developing blog and social content for a brand, either at an ad agency or an in-house creative department.
- Bachelor’s degree with English/Advertising/Journalism focus.
- Excellent writing and editorial skills.
- Personal finance and consumer experience preferable.
- Detail oriented and organized
- Fast learner
- Catered lunches, a fully stocked kitchen, and subsidized gym membership.
- Competitive salary packages, bonuses, and stock options.
- A flexible vacation policy allows you to truly relax and reboot.
- Comprehensive health, vision, dental, and life insurance as well as disability benefits.
- 100% of health, vision, and dental premiums paid by SoFI for employees and their dependents.
- 401(k) and education on retirement planning.
- Tuition reimbursement on approved programs, up to $5,250 a year.
- Monthly contribution to help you pay off your student loans.
Back to top