Compliance Engineering Specialist
The Compliance Specialist maintains comprehensive knowledge of regulatory requirements within the lending industry to ensure sound risk management practices in compliance with applicable laws, regulations, policies and procedures. This position can be located in Helena, MT or Cottonwood Heights, UT.
A successful candidate will interface directly with the SoFi Engineering group to understand workflows and processes, identify compliance impacts and collaborate towards solutions. This position will be a part of the SoFi Compliance team with a focus on technical processes. As issues are raised, the Compliance Specialist will work with Compliance to define the issue and then work with Engineering to validate information, develop solutions and implement.
By joining SoFi, you’ll become part of a forward-thinking technology company that is transforming financial services with innovative loan products and investment tools. Recently ranked as one of the fastest growing fintech companies in the Bay Area, we’ve grown from 150 to 500+ employees in the past year and just raised a $1 Billion round of funding. We offer the excitement of a rapidly growing startup with the stability of a seasoned management team.
Essential duties and responsibilities include:
- Recommends and assists in the preparation of departmental policies and procedures.
- Ensures the timely dissemination of compliance information and materials to department personnel.
- Serves as a resource for compliance related questions and issues to ensure departmental compliance with applicable regulations.
- Working knowledge of loan origination process including Mortgage Lending.
- Monitors lending disclosures for accuracy.
- Work closely with Engineering Department as software is enhanced and revised to assure compliance with Federal and State regulations.
- Conducts scheduled quality control reviews of loan files to ensure compliance with various procedures and regulations.
- Ensures reviews of external web pages and internal software are conducted in accordance with procedures and regulations.
- Assists in preparation for and response to both internal and external audits and exams.
The minimum qualifications include:
- An associate’s degree; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Three or more years in the lending industry with a primary focus on compliance, or related experience within the lending or finance industry
- Very strong organizational skills and the ability to work and deliver projects and achieve targets independently, proactively and under pressure.
- Working knowledge of loan origination process including disclosures, processing, closing and post-closing.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills required with emphasis on analysis and reporting.
- A strong customer service orientation while demonstrating prioritization, organizational and multi-tasking skills with a sense of urgency
- Computer literacy in spreadsheet, word processing, Encompass or similar software including a working knowledge of relational databases – primarily using SQL for querying information.
- Catered lunches, a fully stocked kitchen, and subsidized gym membership.
- Competitive salary packages and bonuses.
- A flexible vacation policy allows you to truly relax and reboot.
- Comprehensive health, vision, dental, and life insurance as well as disability benefits.
- 100% of health, vision, and dental premiums paid by SoFI for employees and their dependents.
- 401(k) and education on retirement planning.
- Tuition reimbursement on approved programs, up to $5,250 a year.
- Monthly contribution to help you pay off your student loans.
Back to top