We are looking for Collections Representative.
You must apply by Wednesday 1/25/2017 to be considered.
Would you like to work for a growing, innovative company in a role where you make a direct impact on both customers and the corporate bottom line? If so, we have a role for you at SoFi. The Collections Representative is responsible for improving collection rates by handling customer payment assistance and hardship requests, as well as monitoring ongoing portfolio delinquency levels. This role reports to the Loan Servicing Manager.
By joining SoFi, you’ll become part of a forward-thinking company that is transforming financial services. We offer the excitement of a rapidly growing startup with the stability of a seasoned management team.
As a Collections Representative you will:
- Work with customer to satisfy any deficient balances
- Review, monitor, and engage with a high volume of customers per day
- Review delinquent accounts daily, and maintains losses at or below established guidelines for assigned job duties
- Accurately documents all account activities and pertinent information to include but not limited to verifications and demographic changes
- Meet individual and departmental objectives set by department management
- Efficiently asses and recommend action to borrowers concerning all other loan issues
- Make recommendations to management for loans needing additional attention
- Effectively use skip tracing tools to locate borrower information
- Strives to continuously improve the quality and productivity of work
- Be an important part of a lean but growing team with touch points across the organization
You need to have:
- 3 to 4 years’ experience in financial services desired; consumer delinquency and collections, credit underwriting, or customer service experience preferred
- Strong ability to negotiate loan repayment plans
- Minimum 1 year of experience with handling of payment processing
- Servicing experience and customer service escalation experience required
- College degree desired. High school diploma or GED required
- Exceptional organizational skills and attention to detail
- Strong work ethic and pride in work product
- Firm understanding of personal finance and credit best practices
- Intermediate Excel skills and general computer literacy
- Aptitude for working independently while maintaining a team first mentality
- Ability to work under tight deadlines and exhibit grace under pressure
- Desire to improve borrowers’ financial situation but ability to make tough decisions
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Ability to take on projects as needed
Some evenings and Saturday hours may be required.
We offer competitive salary, bonus, benefit programs and 401k
See Inside the Office of SoFi
SoFi was founded in 2011 to offer an innovative solution to the rising problem of student debt. Focused on building a community around traditional financial products, SoFi connects students and recent graduates with alumni and other community investors through school-specific student loan funds. Borrowers save time and money by refinancing their private and federal loans, investors earn an attractive return, and both sides benefit from the SoFi community.
Back to top