Big Data Analyst
About The Role
Do you love data and learning new skills in cutting edge technologies like Amazon Web Services, Hadoop, and Spark? Are you ready to use your mathematical background and experience in online businesses to grow beyond traditional analyst roles and structured data? Then we’d love to meet you! At our San Francisco HQ, you’ll join a diverse team of finance and eCommerce veterans helping people take control of their financial future.
As an early member in our emerging big data infrastructure, your skills and experiences will make a serious impact and help define our data culture. You will combine data science, engineering, and statistics to understand the groups we need to reach and provide metrics to measure our progress. Your projects will touch on many parts of the company, but our data scientists and marketing professionals will depend on you most of all. This role is a synthesis of understanding data from our partners, merging it with data we track internally, and listening to stakeholders to turn the results into a product and a strategy to use it.
By joining SoFi, you’ll become part of a forward-thinking technology company that is transforming financial services with innovative loan products and investment tools. Recently ranked as one of the fastest growing fintech companies in the Bay Area, we’ve grown from 150 to 500+ employees in the past year and just raised a $1 Billion round of funding. We offer the excitement of a rapidly growing startup with the stability of a seasoned management team.
The Big Data Analyst works intimately with hit data and our analytics suite. A successful analyst will:
- Efficiently sift through Google Analytics hit data, which describes user interactions on SoFi.com, using Python, R, Java, Scala, or Bash to accurately describe it, highlight anomalies, and find areas of interest.
- Use developer tools like the Chrome console, Firebug, and Httpfox to understand the analytics information our pages report when customers interact with it, explaining trends found in (1).
- Develop and maintain models collaboratively with a team of data scientists and analysts that provide business value and support engineers that automate your results into permanent tools for the company.
Desired Skills and Experience
A successful data analyst could have many levels of experience to be qualified, but candidates that meet the following minimum experience levels are most likely to succeed:
- BA/BS in a quantitative discipline like math, statistics, economics, computer science, the physical sciences, or social sciences with strong quantitative coursework and projects.
- Two years of experience working in an internet-based company in an analytics role. OR
- An MA/MS in a quantitative field or MBA and one year of experience
Skills that a candidate must have proficiency in include:
At least one of Python, R, Java, Scala
- SQL of any type
- Statistical analysis
- Excitement to learn new skills in Spark and Hadoop
- Impressive demonstration of the above skillsets may compensate for shorter work histories.
Highly desirable skills
- Experience in web analytics with Google Analytics or Adobe SiteCatalyst
- Financial background
- Experience in Hadoop, Spark, and/or Amazon Web Services
- Good use of UNIX command line tools like grep, awk, sed, and others
- Catered lunches, a fully stocked kitchen, and subsidized gym membership.
- Competitive salary packages and bonuses.
- A flexible vacation policy allows you to truly relax and reboot.
- Comprehensive health, vision, dental, and life insurance as well as disability benefits.
- 100% of health, vision, and dental premiums paid by SoFI for employees and their dependents.
- 401(k) and education on retirement planning.
- Tuition reimbursement on approved programs, up to $5,250 a year.
- Monthly contribution to help you pay off your student loans.
Back to top