Associate, Community & Member Success
About The Role
SoFi is hiring an Associate for the Community & Member Success team. This person will be a crucial member of the team, arranging and hosting events for SoFi’s 200K+ members around the country. It’s an excellent opportunity for an eager, organized and responsible individual who’s a self-starter and strong team player. There is significant opportunity to grow and learn new skills within a team at the heart of delivering the SoFi experience to a rapidly growing number of SoFi members.
By joining SoFi, you’ll become part of a forward-thinking technology company that is transforming financial services with innovative loan products and investment tools. Recently ranked as one of the fastest growing fintech companies in the Bay Area, we’ve grown from 150 to 600+ employees in the past year and raised a $1 Billion in our last round of funding. We offer the excitement of a rapidly growing startup with the stability of a seasoned management team.
Responsibilities will include
- Plan and execute all logistics for SoFi member events around the country from concept to completion, including interacting with venues, members, speakers, photographers, etc.
- Contribute ideas for events across social, career and financial wellness categories
- Coordinate invitations and monitoring of acceptances, involving SoFi executives where appropriate
- Maintain and update the events page on sofi.com
- Pre-event planning including ordering, arranging and shipping appropriate SoFi marketing and promotional items
- Be the public face of SoFi by hosting events, interacting with members, getting to know them and their stories
- Serve as an advocate and voice for our members by listening to their stories and sharing them with the team and senior management when appropriate
- Craft and post live stories for social media channels including Snapchat and Instagram to showcase the SoFi member experience to a wider audience
- Complete the relevant post-event follow up activities to maximize the impact of the event
- Coordinate with relevant SoFi teams to handle complaints, suggestions, ideas, testimonials, etc.
- Participate in reporting and measurement activities
- Maintain and update contact databases
- The role will include around two weeks of travel each month within the U.S.
- Appreciates a fast-paced, team environment
- Familiarity and comfort with social media
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Highly motivated, self-starter, able to prioritize and manage completing tasks and show good problem-solving judgment
- Excellent organizational skills
- Great interpersonal skills, a positive can-do attitude and enjoys working with people (from members to colleagues)
- Adaptability – adapts to changes in the work environment, manages competing demands and is able to deal with frequent change, delays or unexpected events
- Dependability – consistently at work and on time, responds to management direction and solicits feedback to improve performance
- Willingness to be hands-on and do all levels of work and ‘pitch-in’ as needed
- Ability to be productive on the road as well as in the office
- Self-starter willing to assume responsibility, yet highly collaborative
- Positive, enthusiastic and compassionate
- Creative thinker and problem solver
- Strong work ethic
- Dedication to providing high quality work
- Naturally social
- 1-3 years of events planning or customer interaction experience for a fast-paced company
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Prior knowledge of SoFi an advantage
- Catered lunches, a fully stocked kitchen, and subsidized gym membership.
- Competitive salary packages and bonuses.
- A flexible vacation policy allows you to truly relax and reboot.
- Comprehensive health, vision, dental, and life insurance as well as disability benefits.
- 100% of health, vision, and dental premiums paid by SoFI for employees and their dependents.
- 401(k) and education on retirement planning.
- Tuition reimbursement on approved programs, up to $5,250 a year.
- Monthly contribution to help you pay off your student loans.
This is a great opportunity for professionals looking to join an emerging leader that’s focused on disrupting a huge industry.
If you’re a good fit, please apply with your resume and a cover letter explaining your interest in the position, how your skills would apply, and what you hope to contribute to, and gain from, the team.
We look forward to hearing from you.
Back to top